That shouldn't come as a surprise after the success of the Jungle Book. A few years ago I would be very skeptical, but now I'm more curious of how this will look like. Don't forget, it will not make the original movie any less adorable, although I think it happens way to soon. At the 30th or even 40th anniversary of TLK, when all the hypes of TLG and the re-releases of TLK long vanished, it would imho have much more effect. They developed the technology and the framework now to accelerate the production and since D$ is a profit-oriented company they make the best of it. I'm only a bit concern about the "on the fast track" statement. Part of the story development they can save now, which took a long time in TLK, for almost four years they were refining the story until we saw the end result we all love. I hope they take at least some time to rethink the story and adapt it to the new technology, exploring its new possibilities without stupidly adding random action sequences.

I'm wondering if they can put a part of the original voice cast back together? That in conjunction with Hans Zimmer doing the score and Lebo M. the singing would increase the probability of a large success by 1000 percent.