Thanks Thanks:  19
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Reimagined The Lion King confirmed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Indeed. Pretty sure we don't want another Beauty and the Beast autotune-fest here...

I think Seth Rogen could do a decent enough Pumbaa, at least if Mantis from Kung Fu Panda is anything to go by. I agree I'm disappointed Ernie Sabella won't be on board (or Nathan Lane for that matter), but maybe he, too, thinks it's a stupid idea and doesn't want to be part of it? :'D

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    The more I hear, the more I resent this remake. {...}
    Meet-up would be great though c:
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Ill go see it 'just because', but I'm pretty sure I need to be dragged to the movies, instead of going out of free will.
    I just got this mental picture of about a dozen of us all standing in front of a movie theater like, "DARE YOU" and then someone having to resort to carrying Nathalie, LOL.

Back on topic, the only way I will ever accept this remake and acknowledge it's existence is if they make my one and only wild hope for it a reality and cast Wanda Sykes as Shenzi. Otherwise it just gets more & more unforgivable, lol.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good one CGW, haha

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    We seem to have a Zazu!?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-movie-1019837

And I'm... really quite okay with this choice I feel like John Oliver actually could do a great, super sassy Zazu, haha.

I wish they'd quit referring to the film as "live action" though. For all we know, it's going to be entirely CG animated, ie not live action in any way

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    John Oliver sounds like a great choice, I think he fits the role very well

There's also a rumor going around that Scar will be played by Hugh Jackman! (it has yet to be confirmed, it seems)
    http://screenrant.com/lion-king-rema...R-TW&view=list

Somehow I'd be pleased with this, he may not be Irons, but... he's totally Scar
    Last edited by Leorgathar; July 15th, 2017 at 08:29 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Right, now I'm interested! Haha
    I like Hugh Jackman.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It seems on the D23 Disney revealed a first teaser of the movie:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/07/1...imated-classic

Unfortunately it didn't appeared online yet. But the description sounds promising.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, if I was the least bit excited for this remake before it's all gone now...

The Lion King first footage reveal was close to a frame-for-frame recreation of the "Circle of Life" opening of the animated movie. We see the sun rise over the African savanna, though of course this time it actually is a real sunrise over the horizon. The film is shot to match up with the same shots of the animals you see during that opening sequence in the cartoon, and they look photo-realistic despite being CGI. It's especially powerful when you see them running by a realistic shot of Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background.

Y'know, this actually makes me really, really mad. Because what the actual *bleep*. This does not sound like a "reimagining", it sounds like a straight-up remake that is absolutely intended to "replace" the original with fancy-pants CGI because CGI is gritty and grown-up and shiny and cool and not childish like that old rubbish 2D animation that we used to make hahahaha 8D There is literally no reason at all to be remaking this movie (and the others) if you're just going to recreate it shot by shot, other than as a "cheap" money-grabbing scheme. Plain and simple. It's really hurting my animator heart to see this happening to the Disney classics *sigh* If they wanted to develop the new cool tech that they are developing for this movie, because I don't doubt that it'll be very advanced visually, write your own damn script.

"We love this movie"... No, you do not, Favreau and crew. If you did, you'd have known to leave it alone.

Am I overreacting right now? You bet I am! Am I sorry? Nope!

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to admit it but you're right. While I love that it was well received and people loved the look of it, the frame for frame recreation does not impress me either. My only hope is they did so for CoL sequence because it is so iconic and the rest of the movie will be altered more. But it's so hard to say. I loved Beauty and the Beast, but that wasn't close to my heart in the first place.

While I'm a sucker and may love the new version no matter what they do (unless they completely destroy it of course), I was really hoping for some in-depth recreation. More darkness, more character etc. Will have to wait and see I suppose. Pat has been trawling the net looking for a copy of the footage, while I refuse to watch it until the movie actually comes out
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, I think the frame-to-frame recreation thing was an exaggeration by media (what, did they have the original movie there with them to compare?), and even if it was a frame-to-frame recreation, I'm pretty sure that was just fan service for that sequence only, I highly doubt they'll do the same to the rest of the movie.
    It wouldn't make sense anyway, that would make the VR filmmaking they're hyping so much quite unnecessary, I mean, as far as I know, they'll use motion capture in a virtual environment using live-action camera techniques (not saying it'll be live-action of course, just that the camera movement will make it feel like it rather than a typical CGI movie). That would be entirely pointless if they really wanted to remake it frame-to-frame, it'd be lazy filmmaking at its worst. There are things that only work in 2D animation, and there are things that only work with live-action camera techniques, you can't do a frame-to-frame recreation just like that.
    They'll also want a longer running time than the original's 88 minutes, so you bet there'll be new/extended content anyway.
    Last edited by Leorgathar; July 16th, 2017 at 06:16 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rumour has it Beyonce will write music for the movie aswel.

I can post a link, but it's all in Dutch.
    Might be in English somewhere on the internet.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So much for that rumor of Hugh jackman as scar. they are in talks with someone else who I think is a way better choice. http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejio...exclusive/amp/
    He can sing which is my requirement for scar.
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Rumour has it Beyonce will write music for the movie aswel.
    Oh, for *bleeps* sake. Not sure why, but I want Beyoncé as far away from this thing as possible

And follow-up on "shot for shot remake", did you see the new Beauty & the Beast? It is, essentially, a shot for shot remake and they still managed to mess it up :'D Even if they did make a special clip for D23, I stand by my previous post...
    *still way too angry about this*

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    And follow-up on "shot for shot remake", did you see the new Beauty & the Beast? It is, essentially, a shot for shot remake and they still managed to mess it up :'D
    Fair point I didn't like Beauty and the Beast either, mainly for character design reasons (and the toned down colors to make it look more 'mature' xP), I didn't think it was an exact replica of the story, but I see what you mean, and if TLK receives that same treatment then I'll most certainly be disappointed ><

The only thing still making me hopeful is that it's another creative team entirely, and they did a fine job with Jungle Book, so I think I'll wait until I've seen a trailer at least to really judge.

Well, at least we can agree about Beyonce, I don't want her in this either

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nathan Lane was a guest on Stephen Colbert's show the other day and they actually talked Lion King! I'm not sure how serious Nathan Lane is in his commentary but I freaking loved it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCOy7jrVD5g

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hahahahaha that was great!!

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do you suppose there's going to be a major Lion King announcement any time soon? I mean the anniversary day is coming...and it's been awfully quiet as for updates. No teasers or trailers so far. And in a few days it'll be exactly a year from the release day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    June was the anniversary for the animated movie, if that's what you meant? There was no big reveal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh right, stupid of me.

I do wonder about the period between 17-19 of July though, since it's going to be exactly a year from the announced release days for the "live action" version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going to guess we'll get something in September or October. I have no idea, but the Dumbo teaser was released last month and it comes out in March. So that's ten months before release. Who knows though? Whatever they do, I kind of hope they do what the original did for its teaser and just release the whole Circle of Life sequence.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.