Do you prefer cats or dogs, and why?

I've got 3 dogs myself.
Two small breeds, and a great dane

Now, I love them all. The great dane is my favourite because out of all 3 girls, she's the best trained one.
I wake up, walk her, make her breakfast, let her rest (Great danes have a short lifespan because they can get complications if they run/play after eating. :< ), take her out at noon, then take her out again at 5, and feed her at 6. I always end my day with taking her out on a walk.
The small dogs aren't as "scheduled", because I can actually handle them. If either pup eats something they're not supposed to, for example, I can just pick them up and take it out of their mouth. The great dane however... >p<
Either way, I put a lot of effort into my doggies. The great dane I actually adopted from someone I knew, because they couldn't really take care of her anymore. She's big, and she came from a family that could handle her.
I adore her, but it's a tedious process having to teach her that she can't smack me with her paw for attention (Oh god, the bruises and cuts! D: ) and that I'll pet her if she lays down and doesn't try to knock me over

But, while I love my doggies, I'm not really a dog person.
I'm never getting rid of my dogs, and I sure as hell ain't getting a cat right now (I can only imagine how rambunctious the house would be...) , but if in 15-25 years I don't have any pets anymore, I'd probably get a cat.