Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 14 - The Imaginary Okapi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode 14 - The Imaginary Okapi

This episode was really good. I like Makucha very much. My favorite character so far. He has a very fitting synchronization voice with Steve Blum (never heard this name before, but he actually gives his voice to a lot of characters). The rest of the episode was a little weird:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Your first point in the spoiler bugs me too. They're supposed to protect the Circle of Life, but isn't what they're really doing (especially in this episode) interfering and messing it up?

Also, Makucha reminds me of Sabor from Tarzan (who is actually a lioness in the book). He's like if Scar and Sabor had a cub. :P

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha, we were saying the same thing as we were watching this episode. None of the predators seem to be allowed to eat any of the prey. (Other than the lions and Fuli) Hyenas, jackals, now this leopard? Especially when the okapi wasn't even from the pridelands? Maybe they felt because Beshte became friends with the okapi, they needed to protect it now. But still, it seems that The Lion Guard is all about protecting the prey animals from predators, unless the predators are the royal lion family, or Fuli.

Other then that, I think it was an alright episode. I liked Makucha's design. I didn't care for the song though. Rap style, really? I guess I feel that way because I usually don't like rap songs.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We were laughing so hard during the song. A rapping hippo.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm I think they should explain these Circle of Life plotholes in a future episode, even children must be wondering these things
    If I had to explain it somehow, I guess some parts of the Pridelands work much like an animal sanctuary, where animals don't need to worry at all about predators, and when one animal like the okapi enters these designated areas, they're protected by law. But those are just thoughts, as long as Disney doesn't explain it it's still weird xP

As for the episode itself, I quite liked it. Makucha is such an awesome new villain! I hope we'll get to see him again at some point. And the song, even though I'm not really into rap either, I still found it pretty good, at least they used guitar play in the background instead of a beatbox

I lost it at the zebra leader being offended because Makucha said the okapi was tastier than him. That was hillarious I love that zebra

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    I lost it at the zebra leader being offended because Makucha said the okapi was tastier than him. That was hillarious I love that zebra
    That's where I lost it too.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, we hadn't watched any new episodes until today since Bunga and the King came out, so we're waaaay behind. This episode was interesting. I love, love, loved the leopard, Makucha. He seems like an awesome, well-rounded character and I like the way he looks. I had the same gripes with the song and the whole, lets not eat any prey animals thing that everyone else seems to have.

Also, I'm assuming that they used the correct pronunciation of Okapi in the show... Oh-kaaa-pee. I've always said it Oak-a-pee
    That which you manifest is before you.