IMO, I support the Brexit. Firstly, it was Democracy in action. A tough decision had to be made, a vote was called, and the people did what they thought was right. One side won out over the other, and democracy continues rolling. It's hard to debate that.

Secondly, the EU at the moment is very broken. It is a system which has started to impose laws on all of its member states, regardless of the specific situations or desires of those member states (I'm also looking at the US Federal Government here). For instance, open border policies may feel like a good idea, but in reality, they take away one of the most important powers a nation has: the ability to accept or reject whomever it sees fit.

Thirdly, the EU is honestly starting to grow almost Orwellian in nature. For one thing, it is almost impossible to challenge EU institutions in an EU court of law. The EU, in fact, tends to make decisions independent of the will of the people in general. In many cases, it takes nothing short of a riot to make the EU reconsider a decision, and even then only if you're lucky. Combine that with the fact that the EU is pushing for a single unified military, what good politician, tactician, or general wouldn't use such a massive military force to quench such riots? It may sound like a conspiracy theory at first, but whenever an institution has power, it doesn't tend to want to lose it. In fact, it usually wants to gain more (again, I'm also addressing the US Federal Government here)

Finally, addressing the leave side's arguments, yes, such a move will be temporarily economically damaging. Yes, there will be minor inconveniences when travelling from Britain to the EU. But are such pragmatic arguments what the British people were thinking about when the leave side won? Because in my opinion, the people who voted to leave knew full well of the pragmatic inconveniences they were to face if they got what they wanted. But they saw these as minor speedbumps on the road to securing their sovereignty. To them, it wasn't about the money; it was about the founding ideals of the nation of Britain from the days when the Magna Carta was just drafted. It was about the principles that men fought against Charles I in the English Civil War to secure. It was enough to them to justify a temporary drop in currency value. For sticking to such principles to the end, I have the utmost respect for Britain and their choice.

One last thing to address before this post is over. If the British decision was so unfathomable, why are Italy, the Netherlands, and even France to a slight extent, considering the possibility of leaving? If the people of the EU are toying with the idea of leaving in such a way, is the EU really headed for the right direction in the future? I think not. The people who voted for Britain to leave felt that the EU was not the epitome of democracy; rather, they felt that it was democracy digging its own grave. And given the evidence, I think that vision is not too far off from reality.

This isn't to disrespect other Lea Halalela members who don't support the decision. This is just me stating my reasoning. Of course, I love a good debate, so if you want to debate, feel free.