Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: New Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone.

I'm not the greatest at writing intros, so I'll try to keep this as short as I can. What can I say about TLK...it's my absolute favorite Disney movie. I saw it in theaters back in 1994 and became an instant fan. My childhood would've been a lot duller if The Lion King hadn't been a part of it. I have so many wonderful memories associated with this movie. I'm also a big fan of the sequel, Simba's Pride. I remember seeing the VHS clamshell in Walmart and practically begging my mother to buy it for me. haha

Aside from The Lion King, my favorite Disney movies include 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, and Oliver & Company. I'm also a fan of Don Bluth's work and many of Studio Ghibli's films, especially Princess Mononoke.

Nice to meet you all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hi there, nice to meet you

Since you've seen it back in 1994, it's nice to see some new "same-age" members, hehe ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Salutations!

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to our humble home

Ahh... Princess Mononoke. It was the first Studio Ghibli movie I've ever watched and I really enjoyed it.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

@Kirauni - Always nice to meet another Princess Mononoke fan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Howdy! I'm a 1994 person too. We seem to be a rare breed lately. Anyway, welcome to Lea!

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea!

Oh, man, I would love to have seen TLK in the theater as a kid (guess seeing it in 3D in the theaters sort of makes up for it, except for the "as a kid" part). And Princess Mononoke is awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea, Lauriferous! I hope you like it here

I saw TLK in the theater when I was 7, so I'm one of the 94's fans too. They'll actually put it in the theater here this weekend, so I'm definitely going

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Raises paw* I'm from the '94 fans too. I was only 4 years old when I first saw TLK in cinemas, but I still remember it just like it was yesterday.

Welcome to Lea! I hope you'll feel very welcome here.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Howdy! I'm a 1994 person too. We seem to be a rare breed lately. Anyway, welcome to Lea!
    Thank you for the welcome, HasiraKali. Great to meet another '94 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    Welcome to Lea!

Oh, man, I would love to have seen TLK in the theater as a kid (guess seeing it in 3D in the theaters sort of makes up for it, except for the "as a kid" part). And Princess Mononoke is awesome.
    Thank you, Vidan. Nice to meet you! And yes, seeing The Lion King in theaters as a kid was a great experience! At least you got to see it in 3D..that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Welcome to Lea, Lauriferous! I hope you like it here
    I saw TLK in the theater when I was 7, so I'm one of the 94's fans too. They'll actually put it in the theater here this weekend, so I'm definitely going
    Thanks, Leorgathar. Pleasure to meet you! Wow, that's great you're able to see The Lion King again at a movie theater! You're so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    *Raises paw* I'm from the '94 fans too. I was only 4 years old when I first saw TLK in cinemas, but I still remember it just like it was yesterday.

Welcome to Lea! I hope you'll feel very welcome here.
    '94 fans unite! Thanks for the welcome, King Simba. Everyone has been very kind and welcoming. You have a great community here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum! Woohoo, more '94 fans I too saw it as a kid and fell in love immediately.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol, yeah, I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older. Welcome aboard!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You might be right about that CGW. I'm also one of those "long-term" Lion King fans out there
    And as most of you, I immediately fell in love with the movie. The opening was just so breathtaking.. I've never seen anything like it since.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    I think the majority of us here are 94ers, the Lea demographic skews a little older
    Now that I think about it, I would have been a bit older than the target demographic even then -- maybe that's why I never saw it in the theater?

Call me a '95er then, because I did end up seeing it on VHS, at school, of all places. No VHS player at home growing up, so that was literally the only time I saw it. I was in 8th grade, and we were paired up with 2nd graders as "buddies" to work on art projects or some such (it was a K-8 school). They put on The Lion King one day while we were doing an activity and I think I just ignored what ever else was going on because it was really good. Before seeing the movie, I must have already heard the Elton John versions of "Circle of Life" or "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" 100 times or more on the radio. Flash forward to 2003 when it was released on DVD, that was my "true awakening".

In any case, not to go off on a tangent too much, I agree with Nathalie and others in saying it's good to have more 30-somethings around to reminisce with!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    One of the kids in my 6th period class said he'd never seen TLK when I was making references and quoting Mufasa last week. Instead of other fun things, his class has chosen to spend their last two days watching TLK so he can "salvage his childhood" as one of them put it.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    ...so he can "salvage his childhood" as one of them put it.
    Love it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am also someone who remembers seeing it in theaters when it came out, I was around 6 years old. I recall that I knew from the opening cry of Circle of Life that it would leave an impression. xD

Anyway, you are among friends here. Welcome!

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys! It's really cool meeting other '94'ers here. I didn't expect there'd be so many. Yay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum, I'm glad that we found another 94's viewers. I believe the only line that attract me is Scar's "So be it."

Anyway Welcome, enjoy your stay here and post often.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group