Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hairspray live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hairspray live

I am super excited about hairspray live later this year on NBC love the casting choices so far for it with Harvey fierstein as Edna turnblad, Jennifer Hudson as motormouth maybelle, Martin short as Wilbur turnblad, and Derek hough as corny Collins can't wait to see who else they cast I can't wait for December 7th
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad that people still have interest in Hairspray, even though I'm not a big fan of Broadway or Musical thanks to Glee show but I'm down for another one. I saw Fame 14 years ago and I'm still impressed with the content and acting.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hairspray is a great show, you should watch it Fendi. The movie is actually a really good adaptation of the stage show.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Hairspray is a great show, you should watch it Fendi. The movie is actually a really good adaptation of the stage show.
    I think hairspray live will be way better then the movie which was good also will be the Broadway version on tv
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kristin Chenoweth has been announced as Velma Von tussle and Tracy turnblad is a new comer maddie baillio. Just need to cast Seaweed, Link, Amber, penny, lil Inez, the female authority figure and male authority figure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Promo for hairspray with Ariana grande as penny, dove Cameron as Amber, Garrett Clayton as link, Kristin Chenoweth as Velma. Sean Haynes as mr pinky, Andrea Martin as prudy and Rosie o'donnell as the gym teacher. They still have yet to cart seaweed, lil Inez, mr spritzer, the matron and few other roles. https://youtu.be/CZ7K0sbmIKk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Coool Kristin Chenoweth as Velma is perfect. I shall keep an eye out and see if I'm able to catch this sometime C:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is this the same thing as Grease Live?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Is this the same thing as Grease Live?
    Yup it's the 4th live musical that NBC has done and it's being co directed by the director of grease live and it will be live from L.A's universal studios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Coool Kristin Chenoweth as Velma is perfect. I shall keep an eye out and see if I'm able to catch this sometime C:
    It will air on Wednesday December 7th at 8pm eastern 7pm central. I can't wait to find out who is goin be seaweed though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So who saw hairspray live last week? I loved it it was the best thing in tv this year everyone did an awesome job. I loved Jennifer Hudson as motormouth maybelle she slayed both big blonde and beautiful and I know where I've been and I got emotional when she sang i know where I've been. Harvey did an amazing job as Edna and maddie as Tracy she really bought her to life ephraim as seaweed baby he is fine and he was amazing. I also loved everyone else.