I binge-watched it with my boyfriend on the 25th of December. At first, it was a bit hard to convince him, since the original movie had traumatized him as a kid.

Surprisingly I didn't mind the animation as much as I expected. As for the designs...They looked more like hares than rabbits. And in the first episode, except for Bigwig, it was a bit confusing to tell the rest of the characters apart. It got easier later on. Also, animation wise, I thought some of the action scenes were poorly animated and...the cat and the dog...Those last two were a bit painful to watch. But other than that, I thought that overall it looked good enough. At parts, even beautiful. Could it have been better? Certainly. I still didn't dislike it as much as I feared I would.

There were changes to the story of course. But hey, it's an adaptation, so that wasn't surprising. I was confused at a couple of parts and part of me whined inside that this wasn't like the book, this didn't happen that way, etc. I tried to keep reminding to myself that it's an adaptation. (Personally, I had hoped that there would be more illustrated rabbit-lore stories, there were so many in the book...I was a bit disappointed by that. )

And the voice acting. It was good. I felt like that helped a lot.

In the end I thought that this adaptation was true to the original story. Despite its faults, it felt like the soul of "Watership Down" was there. And I enjoyed it. I really did. (And my friend did too, he claims that Watership Down isn't as terrible as he remembered. :P)