Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
I'd honestly rather have a TLK story arc on Once Upon a Time instead. They could do it in the vein of the musical and not have to have animals.

This. I would be so excited to see OUAT lion king version! I wonder where they would pick the story up, what the twist would be and how it would connect to other characters!

I voted No. Harsh perhaps but I just don't think it would work. It's too recent, though they are doing Beauty and the Beast. And I second Leor's comment about the expressiveness of realistic CGI lions. Even with Andy Serkis' facial software, the lion face is simply not built similarly enough to a human's.

I also think the lack of a human character will make it difficult to suspend disbelief. I'm afraid all we'll see is a pride of lions, which may be difficult for audiences to emotionally connect with. When it's hand-drawn or stylized it's easier to suspend disbelief and put yourself in the story.

I think we'll be safe for a few more years since The Lion Guard is currently running. I'd be surprised if they decided to have two TLK properties run at the same time.