Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 12 - The Mbali Fields Migration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 12 - The Mbali Fields Migration

Another long 2 weeks hiatus passed, and The Lion Guard is back again with this episode.
    I thought it was very good, maybe not at levels of greatness like other, much better episodes, but I still really liked it

The song "Trail to Hope" was played in the background instead of being sung by the characters, it was nice for a change. It has quite a feel-good vibe to it, I just wish it had lasted a bit longer though.

I gotta say I loved the new characters, especially Muhimu, the zebra herd leader (I thought Punda Milia would be back for this episode, but I'm kinda glad he wasn't, makes room for new zebra characters), and surprisingly my favorite scenes were the exchanges between Bunga and Muhimu, they were all really funny ("It is time? don't get all Rafiki on me!" xD) and the whole scene with the zebra baby being born was both hilarious and utterly adorable! I didn't like Bunga since the beginning of the series, but he's been growing on me lately, I loved him in this episode and I hope I do so too in next week's, Bunga and the King

Mufasa is back! He's been absent for 7 episodes until now. I think it's good that he's not showing up so often, but it was nice to see his face again, and giving a great piece of advice. I liked the message on self confidence vs. others' lack of faith, I know it's not really something new and it could have been explored more, but it felt just right in this episode. Kion looked hurt after being critiqued for the way he led the herd, and Mufasa's words were very encouraging. I was also glad to see Muhimu admitted her mistake and helped to regain the herd's faith in Kion and the Guard, it was a great scene.

The crossing through the Outlands didn't feel so threatening, with there only being 3 hyenas like always (where are the other hyenas from RotR anyway?), I wish Janja had a bigger pack of hyenas so it really looked dangerous, but we all know Janja doesn't stand a chance against Kion. Maybe he thought he would this time since they were just Kion and Bunga defending a small bunch of zebras, but it still felt too easy and quick. At least they still provided some good laughs, and the baby kicking Janja's face was just priceless xD

Seriously, that baby zebra was so cute. For a moment I thought Muhimu would name it 'Bunga'... that would have killed me (and who knows, maybe she did ^^)
    Last edited by Leorgathar; April 23rd, 2016 at 09:45 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)