Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 11 - Paintings and Predictions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 11 - Paintings and Predictions

So first of all, I feel like I need to really address this issue: (click the image link below)

Attachment 851

So this is an interesting development. Given that Nala's dad actually gets a mention, is quite a big step. However, Pat and I have the problem that the cub looks far too much like Mufasa to be able to rule him out as Nala's father (or maybe we're supposed to think it's Mufasa). Why, Disney, why?!! Otherwise, comparing to the lions of Scar's Guard, the lion with the green eyes seems to be the closest fit colour-wise. The manes are all a little dark, but Scar's mane is distinctly lighter in the paintings than it actually is. So lots to ponder here.

In regards to the rest of the episode, it was ok. The plot was a bit boring Although I had to cheer when the female zebra was super polite and articulate to the guard and appreciative for their help. I thought it was a +1 to the herbivore intelligence. I'm not sure how to feel about the song. The "Stripey, stripey! Ooooh, stripey, stripey" was a bit of a cheap filler in my opinion. The song itself has a catchy beat, and I'm not sure if I'm just making connections that aren't there, but all of the hyena songs seem to remind me of songs by Danny Elfman in the Corpse Bride. I'm not sure why, there's just a certain sound to them that makes a connection in my mind whenever I hear any of the hyena trio songs. Perhaps it's Janja's voice, I really don't know Also, to me Panic and Run is just a slightly slower version of Outta The Way they sound so very similar.

And last of all, Pat thinks the villain confrontations are boring and a let down. Since they're so basic I understand what he's saying. All the hyenas do is show up in the pridelands, chase a few herbivores around and then get scared off when Kion and the Guard arrive. Where's the challenge and interest in that?

EDIT: Just editing to add, Pat had a theory about Nala's father looking like Mufasa. He thinks it could be an April Fools thing
    Last edited by Azerane; April 2nd, 2016 at 09:29 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.