Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 10 - The Call of the Drongo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 10 - The Call of the Drongo

Certainly not one of the best episodes out there, but I thought it was still pretty fun to watch. A drongo who could imitate other voices was a great idea for a new character, I really liked him xD

For a while I thought Tamaa would be like the jackals, promising not to cause any trouble only to later turn out to be a jerk, I'm glad that wasn't the case this time and he turned out to be good, but he gave me that trickster vibe when he acted all ashamed and got Beshte to say "poor little guy", he felt kinda fake there.
    Also, is it me or Janja is getting more scared of Kion and the Lion Guard everytime? Especially when Tamaa pretended to be the Lion Guard members surrounding the hyenas, their expressions were priceless that was the best scene in the episode, I think.

There was also a cool callback from the original TLK with the gorge the hyenas led the impalas to, the place looks way too similar to the one in TLK to be a coincidence, it even has that rock formation where the hyenas peeked from!
    Attachment 846

Nice easter egg to place on a day close to Easter (although with a trickster Drongo maybe they missed a chance to make this an April Fool's special or something )

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd noticed the rock formation and gorge similarities too! I think it's great that they've done that. Connecting the landscape back to the original.

Tamaa was a tricky to read character, I agree that I wasn't sure whether he would end up being good or being a trickster like I expected. I can't say I thought much of the song, but it was a fun episode all the same
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So this is a really random thing to appreciate, but I loved the warthog designs during Tamaa's song! They look so cool. xD Also, I liked the little nod to the stampede scene in TLK. Definitely intentional, I think most TLK fans would recognize that instantly.

Still, I thought it was a pretty good episode overall. I kind of think Tamaa's ability would come in handy for them, a shame this is probably the only time we will see him.

Does it bother anyone else that the herd animals are never able to fend for themselves? I mean, they have horns and hooves for a reason, predators in the wild have a hard time taking healthy animals like those in the show down. I sort of wish that the show would spotlight at least one capable herbivore.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that the herd animals are never able to fend for themselves? I mean, they have horns and hooves for a reason, predators in the wild have a hard time taking healthy animals like those in the show down. I sort of wish that the show would spotlight at least one capable herbivore.
    I'm going to take a stab at this and suggest that Beshte doesn't count, right? It is silly though how none of the other animals seem to be able to think for themselves. Did none of the Impala stop to think "The Outlands... that doesn't seem right."
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, yes, excluding Beshte. Really the hippos in the show seem pretty independent of protection needs. I meant the hoofstock. :P So far the only herdbeast able to somewhat fend for himself has been the baby zebra pretending to be in the lion guard. xD

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho