Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 9 - Follow That Hippo!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Episode 9 - Follow That Hippo!

Finally, after a 2 weeks hiatus The Lion Guard is back, and whoa... what an episode they rewarded us with!

This is my favorite episode now. It's up high along with Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots as one of the best in the series so far. I don't think there's anything I can complain about, I loved it so much! ^^
    I won't put a "spoiler" button this time, since it's obvious we'll be discussing SPOILERS, but you're warned anyway

---

First off, I liked the new kid characters playing pretend The Lion Guard, they were all really cute! I got the feeling that they represent a bit what the TLG fandom is like, I mean look, one of them thinks Beshte is the best character, they roleplay, and they don't like Bunga that much (haha I chuckled at that part )
    The Guard's training was great to see too, Kion certainly does a great job being a leader and keeping his Guard fit, all the exercises were fun to watch, and provided some good laughs. In fact, there were some genuinely funny moments during this episode that made me laugh more than in others, like Mtoto water-blasting Fuli after she just avoided getting wet, or that zebra bragging about being the most delicious animal (god that was hillarious xD)

Now the highlight of the episode...
    Omg, Beshte's song was really beautiful! I don't know why they didn't include it in the album CD, but I'm also kind of glad they didn't, it was a wonderful surprise! Beshte really deserved an episode centered on him, and this one totally delivered. For if we needed yet another reason to love this hippo, him being a role model for a little elephant and inspiring him to never give up on his dream was heartwarming in so many levels.
    Really, if there were more Beshtes around, the world would definitely be a much better place
    Last edited by Leorgathar; March 20th, 2016 at 10:31 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)