Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: Episode 6 - The Kupatana Celebration

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode 6 - The Kupatana Celebration

So what do you think about the most recent episode?

This episodes has really a lot of actual political relevance. Some might think that the end is not desirable, but I think it shows that each action should have a clear consequence and subsequently send the right message. Beside I enjoyed this episode very much, the songs were great (unfortunately, the Kupatana chorus is not on the TLC soundtrack) but "Jackal Style" is. Simba takes action and let not Kion decide all the hard decision. Mufasa was not 'summoned' and some scenes makes me really laughing. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Also, I kind of feel like it's a given that if someone hasn't seen the episode and comes into these threads about them that there will be spoilers. Do we each really need to hide our words each time we come to chat? I mean, I guess I don't really mind, but it does seem like a bit of an extra step. *shrug*

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same thing really.
    I haven't seen any of them, apart from the premiere, so I just don't view all these threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I stitched some parts of Kupatana together to make a more complete song. I also did a bit of mixing and mastering to make it sound a little cleaner.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5csh...8stitch%29.mp3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow DJ, that sounds really good! I would never have been able to tell that it was different clips put together, sounds very smooth and complete. Thanks for doing this!

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    Also, I kind of feel like it's a given that if someone hasn't seen the episode and comes into these threads about them that there will be spoilers. Do we each really need to hide our words each time we come to chat? I mean, I guess I don't really mind, but it does seem like a bit of an extra step. *shrug*
    I agree, I am starting to feel this is a little silly for every post to say "spoiler" and we always have to click on the button to read every post. In fact, when I was browsing Lea on my phone, for some reason I couldn't open the spoiler buttons when I pressed them. So I opened Lea on the original website just so I can read those spoiler posts on my phone. But now I don't know how to put Lea back into the mobile version of the website. Oy. Haha.

So, I am going to talk about episodes from now on without the spoiler button, unless someone is so against it otherwise. But it's just silly in my opinion, to be reading posts about an episode and not expecting to be reading about what happened in the episode.

I liked this episode. I thought it was kind of a neat idea for the animals to be celebrating a holiday in the pride lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    I kept thinking they were going to offer some sort of redemption for Dogo since he was touted as being so truthful and whatnot. I was kind of disappointed to see that he just went along with things.
    I agree, I also thought Dogo was going to realize what he and his family were doing was wrong, and redeem himself in the end. Oh well. To be honest, I wasn't really crazy about the "Jackal Style" song. I thought it was weird that the jackal pups were singing the chorus in the song, as those voices sound like adult voices, not children voices. Too bad "Jackal Style" was on the soundtrack CD but not the Kupatana song. I guess it's because the Kupatana song was not played completely through in the episode. But on that note, that was amazing what you did Lyonize! The Kupatana song you stitched together sounds complete and smooth. Very nice! I put it on my ipod. Thanks for that!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree that this one felt sort of...unresolved. I was happy to see a sly villian for a change, as a grown up watching I appreciated the jackals, but I too was expecting some sort of redemption for the little jackal. Was cute hearing about a Pridelands holiday though ^^ Even if my favorite is still the solstice celebration from the old newspaper serial that printed in the 90s.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I figured out what it is that sat weird with me on this one....maybe it's just sensitivity due to the current political climate in the US with so much anti-immigrant sentiment, but it just seems kind of gross to me what ideologies some parents could use this episode for, showing kids that if you let one outsider in they'll all take over :-/ I mean, OK for kids to learn everyone isn't always going to be honest, I just...IDK, still wish something was worked out with Dogo to kind of temper that.

But that's a grown-up seeing the episode.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Even if my favorite is still the solstice celebration from the old newspaper serial that printed in the 90s.

Oh? Link? Sounds like a fun little read.