Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episodes (Listed)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episodes (Listed)

In this thread I've listed all current episodes of The Lion Guard and linked to the corresponding thread here on Lea.

• Pilot

The Lion Guard - Return of the Roar

While Simba's daughter, Kiara, is going to be queen, his son Kion has been chosen to be the new leader of The Lion Guard. His task is to assemble the bravest, the strongest, the fastest and the fiercest animal of the Pride Lands as well as and the keenest of sight. When he picks his friends Bunga, a honey badger, the female cheetah Fuli, the hippo Besthe and Ono the egret, Simba is angry since the The Lion Guard traditionally consists of lions. On top of that, the hyneas and their leader Janja try to cause as much mayhem as possible before the new guard is formed. Will Kion be able to assemle the guard and is he really fit to be a leader?

• Season 1:

1. Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots

2. The Rise of Makuu

3. Bunga the Wise

4. Can't Wait to be Queen

5. Eye of the Beholder

6. The Kupatana Celebration

7. Fuli's New Family

8. The Search for Utamu

9. Follow That Hippo!

10. The Call of the Drongo

11. Paintings and Predictions

12. The Mbali Fields Migration

13. Bunga and the King

14. The Power of the Roar

15. The Imaginary Okapi

16. The Trouble with Galagos

17. Janja's New Crew
    Last edited by Kirauni; September 11th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    According to Wikipedia, apparently they changed the name for the 8th episode, Fuli Speeds Ahead, to The Search for Utamu.
    We also have the titles for episodes 9 and 10 now , so it'll go like this:

8. The Search for Utamu
    9. Follow That Hippo!
    10. The Call of the Drongo

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, leor! I didn't know they changed the title. I've read on MLK that they might even change the order of the episodes, because they didn't want to have two "Fuli Episodes" successively. However, I've not any proof for this, so we'll just stick to what we do know for sure

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm okaaay, it seems that Fuli Speeds Ahead is back to being episode 8, and The Search For Utamu is now listed as episode 11. Odd move, but at least now we know they're not the same episode, hehe.

Also, it seems that episode 8 will air on February 26, and episode 9 will air on March 18, which means we'll have to wait for 2 weeks inbetween
    But on the other hand, episode 10 and 11 will air on March 25 and 26, so that's 2 episodes only one day apart ^^

I'll be on the lookout in case there's another change (which I hope there isn't ><)

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there anything official stating that The Rise of Makuu is the second episode instead of the first? The only information I can find is on the wiki pages and I feel like it's only listed there in that order because it's the order they were played on the day they both played together, as opposed to when the Rise of Makuu was released weeks earlier.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Rise of Makuu was released first, but only online through the main Disney Jr. site, not on TV. I think it was more like to give us a taste of how the show would be like. It officially aired on TV as the second episode right after Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots, so I'm taking that as the real order.
    But then again, I don't think there's an official statement about that, so... who knows

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is an press release site from Disney about TLG here with the episode listing: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disney...guard/episodes
    That looks pretty official to me. ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ That order confuses me even more but perhaps it'll end up being the official one, who knows. For the time being I'll take it as it airs on TV

Btw, it seems next episode (episode 8) will actually be called "Bunga The Brave", which will be an origin story for Bunga.
    Here's the promo trailer (beware potential spoilers):
    http://youtu.be/6Xr8n3hdEio

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll stick to the order the episodes air on TV since this is less confusing for me. But I'd better update my liste as we move along the first season.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, so... the episode this week was titled "The Search for Utamu", but as it turns out, it seems it was a name change from "Fuli Speeds Ahead" after all, and "Bunga the Brave" was simply mistakenly labelled in that youtube promo, it's nonexistent.
    So in the end they were all one and the same episode all along I'm sorry for the confusion, guys. At least the mystery is solved now.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for double-posting >< but we have new episode titles

9. "Follow That Hippo!" - March 18th

10. "The Call of the Drongo" - March 25th

11. "Paintings and Predictions" - April 1st

12. "The Mbali Fields Migration" - April 22nd

13. "Bunga and the King" - April 29th

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you, I've updated the list

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was going to ask if anyone knew when a new episode would come out again. I assumed The Lion Guard was now in some kind of mid season break, but it would be nice to know when new episodes will be released again. But I just now checked The Lion Guard's Wikipedia page and the next episode, (episode # 14) "Power of the Roar" will be released on June 24, 2016. Wow, almost two months after the last episode.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Disney Junior is airing most of the episodes in random order this weekend at various times. Disney Channel is going to show "Rise of Makuu" and "Follow That Hippo!" at 8:30a on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

This is the DisneyChannel listing: http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/the-l...16219?aid=disn

Disney Junior has this, but it doesn't hate air dates: http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/the-l...9?aid=disneyjr

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That title... sounds like it'll be a pivotal episode, I can't wait to see it!
    But yeah, June 24 feels so far away Some series do these midseason hiatus, I don't know why that is, but I guess it's understandable.

Also, June 24... isn't that the date TLK was released on cinemas back in 1994?

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, yes it is.

Mid-season hiatuses suuuuuuck. At least it's not like Doctor Who that's taking a full freaking year hiatus.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    June 24th....
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's the official synopsis for the next episode, Power of the Roar

Friday, June 24

Original Series - Episode Premiere

The Lion Guard “Power of the Roar” 
(9:30 - 10:00 A.M. EDT)

While trying to save his mother from a group of hyenas, Kion fears that he has lost control of his Roar and vows to never use it again.

*Blair Underwood (ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) recurs as Makuu the crocodile.

Well this does sound very intriguing, I can't wait to see it Come on June 24th!!

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    June 24th....
    They sure know how to make their fans wait. Sort of like how they made us wait 20 years for a good lion king spinoff show. But that's none of my business

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New episode title!

15. "The Imaginary Okapi" - July 10

- Hamlet