Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time is Running Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... I guess I'll wait again for the super duper awesomness edition that was discussed in another thread..:woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Yep, you paid less than me. But I used Buy it Now b/c I didn't want to wait for it to end.
    I know what you mean.....No Way am I gonna wait another 23 minutes for the auction to end....I don't care if I have to pay $25 to buy it now even though the auction price is 25 cents.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think the vault is a good thing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't like the 'vaulting' per se, but what Disney's doing makes good business sense.

If the end result of vaulting keeps Disney afloat and their stock price high, Disney will keep producing original material. They're already losing momentum because their core market (original movie and TV animation) is floundering, and they (from what I've read) have to re-release their older works to keep the positive cash flow going. If the market is flooded with Disney DVD's, they will be forced to lower the price point of a particular title in order to keep sales going. That has an unfortunate negative effect of saturating the market with that title, and less people will be receptive to a re-release.

The other method they can (and do) employ to capitalize on their previous successes is through cross-marketing of toys, games, etc. related to their hot sellers in hope of enticing consumers to spend more per movie. While it might be good for collectors, this can only go on for so long -- usually until the sales of the movie itself start falling or until, again, the market is saturated with related merchandise that consumers will become apathetic or even hostile to more of it.

Honestly, I'd rather see the company profit by commanding a higher price for its movies rather than fill the world with more of what most people (hard-core collectors aside) would call junk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It might be more simple for Disney to profit off of merchandise because all they do is sell the rights to their product to a manufacturer....very low over head. Where as making and selling DVDs and such creates a much larger over head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's true. I don't imagine that they'd make nearly as much per unit on the licensing fees alone for toys and such., but they'll do it anyway, probably because of the reason you mentioned (little or no overhead).

It's also true that it doesn't take a whole lot of money to produce a DVD, including its packaging. Somewhere on the order of $1-2 USD. Anything above those initial few bucks is cash on hand for them. That's why it behooves them to keep the retail price of their DVD's high by limiting supply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad I have all movies now on dvd and vhs..except for 1 1/2(only have it on dvd).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have 1 and 2 on VHS and DVD and I don't think i'll bother getting 3, it's ust a bit silly. Unless someone gives it to me I won't get it
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i need the origonal dvd of the 2nd one >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do you know if the original sp dvd has any special features or not? im considering buying it but if its just the movie then theres no point seeing that i already have it on vhs and the new dvd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that there's no other features on the original DVD of SP, I think there was just a/or some trailers I think.

edit:

Just the music video of 'love will find a way' and the trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any difference in the quality between the 2 discs, the original, and SE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
    Is there any difference in the quality between the 2 discs, the original, and SE?
    I like the SE more than the original one. The sound is much better. If you have 5.1 you should absolutely have the SE! If you like to have it in MANY different languages buy the original...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey check out what my local Toys R Us let me have, a placard from one of their shelves:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki
    I If you like to have it in MANY different languages buy the original...
    That's what I thought.

Only Dutch and Enlgish on the Belgium / Holland version

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a very welcome piece of mail yesterday that looks a lot like Darkslash's pic. *yawn* it doesn't really involve me, I've got my lions share, but it's kinda sad too, the next time they release the movies might not be for eight, ten years, I could be buying the movies for my own kids by that time! Boy, that's a scary thought. That's a little too much forward thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Hey check out what my local Toys R Us let me have, a placard from one of their shelves:
    I got that in a e-mail , I should go to my Toys'R'Us and bug them for theirs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah you work at Toys R Us, I knew that. You do that, '04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well I use to until I quit and then moved back to Georgia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    S'04 is a Toys"R"Us kid. *weeeeeee*