Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time is Running Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to say something else....

WTH? They're gonna lock us in a vault?!? But it's gonna be all dirty and smelly and...eee-yuuuw! *walks up to eisner and beats him up* You deserve it, bub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu
    And why's it "re-enter"? Was TLK in the vault before?
    My dad said the flims stay in the vault for seven or eight years. Oo(IDK if he's right XD) But IDK why "re-enter" XD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Suki
    My dad said the flims stay in the vault for seven or eight years. Oo(IDK if he's right XD) But IDK why "re-enter" XD
    According to lionking.org, TLK was available on VHS and laserdisc up until 1997-1998, and was 'vaulted' until the release of the special edition DVD and VHS in 2003.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that they did new versions of Disney movies every ten years. Figured it made sense since this year was the tenth anniversary of TLK. But I guess the TLKDVD was released last year? Hm. Oh well, ten years coincides well with the other movies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kippy
    I was under the impression that they did new versions of Disney movies every ten years. Figured it made sense since this year was the tenth anniversary of TLK. But I guess the TLKDVD was released last year? Hm. Oh well, ten years coincides well with the other movies
    Y'know, I was wondering that too .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Woes
    According to lionking.org, TLK was available on VHS and laserdisc up until 1997-1998, and was 'vaulted' until the release of the special edition DVD and VHS in 2003.
    You must thank my mom for the VHS XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away.
    Hahaha, so true. Thats so sad that Disney is going to vault TLK. I wonder if they will do the same with the other disney movies they're re-releasing on DVD, like Aladdin, Mulan, and whatever else. I assume they would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's the point of the crappy vault anyways?

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yoinked from another site:

Q:What is the Disney vault?

A: Disney has a marketing strategy in which they release an animated movie and leave it on the market for a set period of time. After this time period, Disney takes them off the market and puts them in the Disney Vault. This means that the consumer is unable to obtain them for ten years. This method allows for movies to cycle, build up anticipation, and target the next generation.
    So you see, it does serve a purpose and I think that it serves that purpose quite well. If you have a movie sitting on the shelf for over a year or so, it makes it difficult to promote that movie and sooner or later the retail value will plummet...I've seen movies go from valued at $25.99 down to $12.99 in a matter of months. By cycling through which movies are available and which aren't, it allows Disney to keep both promotion and prices up...and there's other stuff involved too, but I don't have time to explain right now.

At any rate, it doesn't concern me since I have my copies already...

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Granted ... I don't have a high definition TV, nor will I have one for many years. Trip to Sharifu's mom's place?
    *weeeeeee*
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked
    Yoinked from another site:

So you see, it does serve a purpose and I think that it serves that purpose quite well. If you have a movie sitting on the shelf for over a year or so, it makes it difficult to promote that movie and sooner or later the retail value will plummet...I've seen movies go from valued at $25.99 down to $12.99 in a matter of months. By cycling through which movies are available and which aren't, it allows Disney to keep both promotion and prices up...and there's other stuff involved too, but I don't have time to explain right now.

At any rate, it doesn't concern me since I have my copies already...
    It's quite a brilliant marketing strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. When will the movies be released again? In 7 years? I forgot.

I alread have all three films. It'll be interesting to see if Disney adds new features or documentaries to the new releases in 7 years. Aren't the DVDs going to be released in High Definition DVD too? I keep forgeting the technical details. I hope Disney Shows The Lion King in Imax Theaters too and starts a new line of toys and merchandise in 7 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did you know TLK was already released in IMAX Theaters? At least for a few months anyways. (Not long enough)

I bought all these DVDs on the release day heh.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're going away forever?!?!? *Faints then dies* Now, I'm gonna get loads of nightmares. So...hopefully they'll come back out of the *stupid* vault ten years from now? I hope so, otherwise I'd be so mad. I mean, I got the whole set alreadybut I'd feel much better if they were out, cuz then just in case I'd lose one of my prized TLK DvD, then I would just go run out and but it again.*Destroys Eisner* Yes, now he is dead! *Burns the vault idea* woohoo!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
    I'd love to see a TLK DVD set with EVERYTHING....EVERY cut scene, character...you name it I want it.
    The Laserdisc version comes close, I think, not DVD quality, but it has a lot of stuff that didn't get on the DVD.

I just got mine yesterday. I bought the 4-disc collector's edition for about 40 bucks and you cannot tell anyone ever opened it. Look on Ebay if you want one. Just make sure your laserdisc player does AC-3 Dolby Digital audio!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Originally posted by Kenyi
    but I'd feel much better if they were out, cuz then just in case I'd lose one of my prized TLK DvD, then I would just go run out and but it again.
    There is always ebay ya know. XD
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.
    Mint? Does this mean I can eat it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is always ebay ya know. XD
    Ebay is so freakin' awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someday I'll find that infamous Disney vault. Anyone wanna help me raid it???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [B]Wow, I got that collector's edition laserdiscs on ebay too. I didn't pay as much as you... And it came with eveything and it is mint.
    Yep, you paid less than me. But I used Buy it Now b/c I didn't want to wait for it to end.