Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time is Running Out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Time is Running Out

All 3 TLK films will re-enter the magical (nay, mythical!) 'Disney Vault' on January 31st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney seems to know how to work the demand versus supply to their advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Time is Running Out

Originally posted by Woes
    All 3 TLK films will re-enter the magical (nay, mythical!) 'Disney Vault' on January 31st.

Nooooooooooooooo........

I gotta get the 3 disk set for christmas XD
    (The DVD set )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There are two competing formats, Advanced Optical Disc (AOD) and Blue-Ray, competing to be the successor of DVD. The discs will allow the storage of over 20GB of data, allowing for either more bonus features or a higher quality presentation. Perhaps the next release of TLK will be in one of these formats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are two competing formats, Advanced Optical Disc (AOD) and Blue-Ray, competing to be the successor of DVD. The discs will allow the storage of over 20GB of data, allowing for either more bonus features or a higher quality presentation. Perhaps the next release of TLK will be in one of these formats.
    :Ooo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, a disk that can hold more information than most personal computers today....except new computers, which now can hold up to 80GBs. I believe DVDs hold about 5 to 6 GBs of info.....so you can either put about 7 or 8 movies on one of those new discs or have one movie with a ton of extras...considering that I believe the Blue-Ray will be using the blue laser technology which makes it possible to store around 40GBs on one disc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I heard that the Japanese were going to use one of these technologies in conjunction with high definition televisions in order to present full length movies that can take advantage of the higher resolution. Sounds good to me. I'd rather pay to see a better version of TLK than to pay for additional bonus features. (In the latter, case, Disney really ought to release a supplementary disc.)

Granted ... I don't have a high definition TV, nor will I have one for many years. Trip to Sharifu's mom's place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Granted ... I don't have a high definition TV, nor will I have one for many years. Trip to Sharifu's mom's place?
    ...Let's do it!!!....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love to see a TLK DVD set with EVERYTHING....EVERY cut scene, character...you name it I want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're gonna lock us in a vault?!
    And why's it "re-enter"? Was TLK in the vault before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wasn't it, prior to the release of the DVD special edition? I just assumed so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blue-Ray will most likely come installed with the PS3 and Disney has said recently they will support this format. But unless you have an HDTV you really won't see a huge difference in detail, if any.

Also I've read most animated movies won't look significantly different in HD than DVD because they don't contain as much detail as a real-life filmed image.

So if you don't have one of these movies, just get it now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good point! Ties in with how they had to clean up the animation and add additional effects for the IMAX version of TLK, since the screen is so huge.

All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this mean there's still hope for the 'Mega Uber-Goober Laser Explosion Special Edition' of TLK2, complete with deleted scenes?

All I want is for that annoying layer change after The Morning Report to go away.
    So much for 'seemless intergration', eh...? XD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Does this mean there's still hope for the 'Mega Uber-Goober Laser Explosion Special Edition' of TLK2, complete with deleted scenes?
    Here, here. The bonus features on the TLK2:SP SE were woefully inadequate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *dies*

STOP SCARING ME, WOES!

well... good thing i got myself TLK1:SE back in august... and i'll just have to hope that my sister actually did get me SP:SE for Christmas... if she knows what's good for her, she better--

erm... i mean, i hope she got it for me. i've really wanted it and i've been really good this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Time to hurry then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    disney is so evil...........get eisner!!!!!!! i don't like him, we need to get rid of him.............

anyways,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :Ohno:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *deep ponderings wheter I should get The TLK one*

I read a review that didn't think so much of the special features, I don't want to get it if the features aren't great because my VHS version is perfectly fine.

Guess it's now or never

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not the vault! <gasp>