Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 4 - Can't Wait To Be Queen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Episode 4 - Can't Wait To Be Queen

This episode was quite enjoyable.

Last edited by Azerane; January 30th, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ngatuny; January 30th, 2016 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't mind if there is a spoiler button or not, but I wanted to let you guys know, if you want to make the spoiler button, type this without the spaces: [ SPOILER=Spoiler ] Text goes here [ /SPOILER ]

Last edited by Sharifu; February 3rd, 2016 at 07:23 AM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    I don't mind if there is a spoiler button or not, but I wanted to let you guys know, if you want to make the spoiler button, type this without the spaces: [ SPOILER=Spoiler ] Text goes here [ /SPOILER ]

Well that explains it, I was using the shortcut button for the spoiler tag but I was using it wrong Will go back and correct my posts, haha.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still like the Jasiri episode more, but this one was surprisingly so good!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It certainly wasn't one of the best episodes so far, but also not bad. Simba was acting a little out of character when roaring at Zazu like that. I don't think Simba would do something like this, no matter how frustrated he is. Besides Kion's link to Mufasa is something which disturbs me most. Instead of warning Kiara about the ambush he instructed Kion to rescue her? This doesn't make sense. On the other hand this episodes had some funny moments which I enjoyed very much. ^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    Besides Kion's link to Mufasa is something which disturbs me most. Instead of warning Kiara about the ambush he instructed Kion to rescue her? This doesn't make sense.
    Hmm I have to disagree a bit with you on this. Mufasa didn't instruct Kion to rescue Kiara, Kion was going back to Pride Rock to talk to her, and there he found out that she had gone already. Mufasa told him to support his sister "especially when she's wrong." The way I took this was that even though Kiara was (frustratingly) wrong and Kion was certain that it was a trap, their disagreement shouldn't be a reason to leave her side, just like how Kion told her after arguing: "If you're serious about this, you're on your own!". I think that after talking to Mufasa, Kion was intending to go back and apologize to Kiara (before finding out she was gone already), tell her that she was right about the bees and he should have listened to her, and ask her to take his word in consideration about the meeting with Janja. Maybe they would have made paces and Kiara would have gave it a better thought, or if they didn't, at least they would have agreed to take Kion and the Lion Guard members with Kiara to the meeting for her own safety. In both cases that would be supporting her even if she's wrong, or rephrasing that, disagreeing but without abandoning her side.

I think it's a very good lesson, actually, if only it had been elaborated more.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had heard things about Kiara being out of character in this series, but I didn't see it much here. Her friends were the ones with the biggest attitudes. It was neat having some old characters time and seeing Simba still learning things and having jitters about "head of state" stuff, too. As someone who has never been good with languages, and was guilted into reading at a funeral once, I understand the (otherwise inexplicable) stress rage.

Also very neat to see a funeral represented, as someone said upthread. It's a pretty adult concern and it gives me a lot of confidence in the show that they went there in some way shape or form.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.