Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 1 - Never Judge a Hyena By Its Spots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew it was the right thing to do to skim these threads looking for links for places to watch the show :P I couldn't find this episode anywhere, especially since there seems to be some confusion in all the labeling with people referring to it as episode 1. I'm guessing, that on the actual air date for the show Jan 15th, they showed this first before repeating The Rise of Makuu. I suppose we'll find out the official order in time.

I'm also trying to work out, are the hyenas cubs? Or adults? Jasiri seems more like a cub, but she's about the same size as Janja and he seems like an adult. Then they're all only a tiny bit bigger than Kion, whereas in the movie the hyenas are so much bigger than cub Simba and Nala. So I'm just not sure what's going on in that regard.

Last edited by Azerane; January 30th, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are we allowed to discuss episodes for a while after they aired? I'm super behind, just watched the first four plus the movie back to back this weekend while visiting my parents.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    Are we allowed to discuss episodes for a while after they aired? I'm super behind, just watched the first four plus the movie back to back this weekend while visiting my parents.
    Absolutely

I guess the hyenas could be teenagers, that does make sense too with their sizing. Jasiri certainly seems more like a teenage type. I personally don't mind that they've just shoved Kion into the middle of TLK2. It makes sense with the time jump in TLK2 at this age, it's more the adult part that doesn't fit in. Put perhaps Kion and the guard go off somewhere during that whole Act of the movie
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    I'm also trying to work out, are the hyenas cubs? Or adults? Jasiri seems more like a cub, but she's about the same size as Janja and he seems like an adult. Then they're all only a tiny bit bigger than Kion, whereas in the movie the hyenas are so much bigger than cub Simba and Nala. So I'm just not sure what's going on in that regard.
    It's hard to say, but if anything I think they're teenagers/adolescents. But still the characters' sizes are a bit odd in this show, Kion looks big alongside Simba in comparison to cub Simba's size with Mufasa. Also, look at Pumbaa's size compared to Kion. Pumbaa could carry cub Simba on his snout easily to save him from the desert, but in TLG Kion looks too big for Pumbaa.

I don't know if it's a mistake or if it could work assuming they're all teenagers, but at least it works in the show and doesn't really look weird, so it doesn't really bother me, hehe

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)