Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Episode 2 - The Rise of Makuu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Episode 2 - The Rise of Makuu

So who was watching the first episode of TLG?

Any opinions about this? I think the story line was a little bit bumpy with quick and sudden switches in between. I didn't like this episode as much as the pilot episode. But we at least know now that "Call of the Lion Guard" is the intro to the series.
    Last edited by s-tlk; December 15th, 2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Put it into spoiler text

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It ain't airing on Disney channel Belgium, so can't watch it.
    They said it will as of next month, but ill believe it when I see it, and even then, I doubt I wanna see it in Dutch, lol.

You can order them from amazon I sawd, does anyone know if that is country restricted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't think it premiered until January 15th.... maybe I'm wrong, that would be nice
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it didn't come on tv until January 15 maybe I was wrong
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It will premiere on January 15th on Disney Junior, but they made the episode available now on iTunes for free (only this time). It can also be watched on this site:
    http://watchdisneyjunior.go.com/the-...-rise-of-makuu

Sadly, that's only in the U.S. so I haven't seen it yet myself. *avoids reading spoilers in s-tlk's post* ><

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The episodes are available on the Disney Junior website. A website I never thought I'd frequent so often...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I caught it just today...

I must say that overall I was pretty pleased with the episode. It has its issues, sure, but I think it's well in line with, and beyond, what we can expect from a Disney show aimed at very young children. The animation still struggles in the full-body shots, but all the characters' expressions and lip-sync... I just love it!

Also Beshte is my new second favourite character (behind Kion, haha) in the show. He's just precious

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it online while I like the whole episode I think there should have been a song during the crocodile fight and not for bunga's stink. Gary Anthony Williams does a good mufasa overall the episode was great I enjoyed.
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw this episode about a week or so ago on that Disney Junior website that Leor posted. Thanks for the link! I hope they keep putting future episodes on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconsfan22 View Post
    Gary Anthony Williams does a good mufasa overall the episode was great I enjoyed.
    To be honest, I could tell right away that Mufasa's voice sounded a bit funny... So I checked the credits at the end, and yep, it was not James Earl Jones. Gary's voice is pretty close, but you can tell it's different... So many articles online kept mentioning how James Earl Jones and Ernie Sabella were returning from the original film to voice act in The Lion Guard. So did they just mean the Pilot Episode? Or is James going to voice act in some episodes in the future? Plus I kind of hope that Mufasa doesn't appear in every episode. Seems kind of silly that Mufasa keeps popping out of the clouds for every little problem Kion has. Almost makes the scenes not seem so epic and special.

Besides that I thought it was a nice episode. Looking forward to seeing future episodes.
    Last edited by Sharifu; January 7th, 2016 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    IMDB mentions both voices for Mufasa for every episode, thought that was weird ...

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally managed to watch this yesterday. Talking about Mufasa, I must be the only one who really disliked the voice. I instantly knew it wasn't JEJ and it sounded way off to me, but perhaps I'm picky. I didn't like that Kion was able to just summon him either. I agree that the characters faces and expressions remain well animated. I was glad Ono had a song, but I was disappointed that there was an excess of stink jokes. And also there's a lot of focus on Bunga all the time, I'm hoping that'll even out over time.

The crocodile takeover reminded me a little bit of the "Simba Rules OK" story from the magazines, but probably only because it was crocodiles. I like the nature/learning aspect of the episode and get the feeling that the hyrax will be a recurring character.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    IMDB mentions both voices for Mufasa for every episode, thought that was weird ...
    I wonder if JEJ recorded the title? Maybe he's the one who reads "The Lion Guard" statement.

I'm not sure. Some voices I can tell are different, but this one was hard for me, the new voice seemed pretty seamless. Not like Rob Lowe's, I hate to say. I'm not feeling Rob Lowe as Simba at all, and that's a shame because they're both great individually :P

Anyway, I thought this story was a little off. I liked the idea of crocodile customs, but I wasn't expecting a show of force to be the ultimate resolution of the episode. It proved it's moral though, even if it wasn't the moral I saw coming!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think JEJ is definitely the voice in the opening.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho