Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: What's going on in Europe right now?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What's going on in Europe right now?

To be honest, I have no idea myself ... I try to watch the news as much as I can, I visit the news website every 30 minutes for live updates, and I still don't get it.

I have been getting quite a few messages from people, in public and private telling me to stay safe.

It's terrible what has happened in Paris, and everywhere else in the world these "un-humans" are terrorising everyone.

As for me, I am not near Brussels, so I'm fine It's really sweet of the people who do think of me.

It is true, half of the terrorists that were involved in Paris, were living in Belgium.
    In a risk-town, which has been for years, so I don't understand how they could have not seen this coming.

The guy they are looking for now, actually has a house a few houses from an old school-mate of mine, which does make it scary.
    He was having a drink in a bar on his street, and once again the police made them stay inside as they were doing another sweep of the street, trying to catch this 1 guy. Instead they managed to arrest some others.

I myself dodged the bomb-alarm that happened in Antwerp city last Tuesday. I had just left the exact spot going home.
    It's a shame these false bomb-alarms go out at least twice a day now, just someone who needs to get attention and feel good about themselves, while creating panic. Sad sad person if you life of things like this. Pathetic.
    Because I do believe some of the alerts have got nothing to do with the actual terrorists, just people who wanna feel "special".

I even went to Disneyland Paris on Wednesday + Thursday. Yes, more security, but checking people was a hoot really, and very discriminating (at Disney only man got scanned with a handscanner, not the woman).

Brussels is on lock-down, stores are closed, schools are closed, subways are closed.

I guess they are getting what they wanted. Total panic. Though, us Belgians, we're a very calm and sober people, hehe, so we are dealing with it very calmly.

Never thought they'd give a negative travel advice for Belgium. Such a small and "stupid" country.
    I hope they catch this guy very soon, as they always seem to just miss him.
    I'm starting to feel ashamed that they all lived here. But I feel good knowing that everything the police and army is doing to actually catch him, and everyone else who has something to do with IS.

But yeah ... I'm fine

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The problem is, if they catch the guy, will this end? I think no... those will remain for a long time, the psychological damage has been very well made by those terrorists, even tough must people that suffering, has nothing with it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No, it won't stop, new ones will pop up. But then at least they caught another one responsible for taking peoples lives.
    Because of him, Belgium is suffering which has never happened like this before.
    We are on the tips of our toes, waiting for something to happen, because that is what we all believe right now. That something will happen.
    I'd much rather get it over with then, then to just wait like this. 'if' something should happen.

Just made a general post, as my fb inbox and phone was starting to get a bit flooded about if I am safe or not.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have been following it since day 1 because it is my job, which I am not excited about. All I can say is we had contacts in the event for Paris which kept me busy all freaking night and now I'm too read in on everything as we also have an account in Brussels.

Total panic is what they want, among other things. They can see the writing on the wall also. They are freaking hired mercenaries trying to make this some religious conflict. Did you know, the news was posting photos of the female suicide attacker all day to find out it was the wrong woman? someone sold those photos to the press - it was a lady from Morocco I believe. she is livid - her entire family calling her thinking she'd both dead and a terrorist FFS. The media is half the annoyance in this. I think things will get worse before they get better but people are figuring it out very quickly and banding together, overall.

If I get to work and am asked if I heard about another Russian plane attack...I'm going to start adding a couple vodka or baileys shots to my coffee before I get to work. We haven't had a jet to jet engagement in a while I think, not like that...Russians spent 17 seconds roughly in Turkey airspace. While I'm pro-Russian I do applaud Turkey a bit for standing up to Russia's arrogance...it's crossed a lot of lines.

Overall, these things are going to keep happening and they should not be underestimated nor recognized as anything other than hired thug mothers with a disposition against all life, even their own people. I don't care if someone wants to strap a bomb to themselves and blow up; natural selection - when you start incorporating other innocent lives in it, they need to be hunted like rats in the night and put out..which seems to be happening.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, the alert is out to US citizens to be on high alert. I'm working. For the sake of human lives alone, and the fact I am working, please..no.

I hope everyone stays safe and properly informed, here and abroad.