Thanks Thanks:  9

Thread: "Thank you!" and "Mentions" added

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Thank you!" and "Mentions" added

I'm here to announce that we decided to add two nice little features to this forum.

1. The first one is called "mention" which lets you mention a user. Wow... wait, we did that before so what's new about that?
    Well, if you mention users in a specific way like

Code:
    @username;
    the mentioned users then gets an e-mail and a notification on the board informing them about being mentioned.
    You need the @ before the username and the ; after the username or it won't work. This feature is quite, if you know the person you want to mention doesn't come here that often or might have overlooked something. You know, sometimes people need a little "nudge".

But please be considerate about using this feature and don't use it excessively!
    Just keep in mind that the person you are mentioning with this code will get an e-mail and I highly doubt somebody would want to get 20 or more e-mails a day just saying that he or she has been mentioned...
    Oh and it's a good time to check if your account's e-maill-address is up to date. Otherwise you won't get any notifications and we'll get a bunch of bounced e-mail-error-messages... so yeah, best to check now if everything is fine. Thanks!

2. The second addon is a nice way to say "thank you". You know, sometimes you just want to say "thanks" for a posting, because you liked it?
    Well, now you can!

Right under a post you will find a button to say "thank you". When you click on that button, your name will be displayed under the posting like:
    "Kirauni thanked for this post".

Attachment 809

Of course you can still answer the post and say "Thank you!" there. Think of it as a nice little extra
    Oh and of course you're not able to thank yourself. Let others do that

I hope you like these new little changes and of course, have fun browsing the forum!

~Kirauni

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to add things up Kirauni.

I do have a question. How do I know which post that I like? I was a little confused by it to be honest. do we get notification through the likes that we get?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I turned the notification temporarily on to see how it works. You should get a notification now, if somebody has thanked you for a post. It's right there were your PMs are, at the top of the page in the "Welcome" bar where it says "notifications".

And you can always see in your profile which posts you thanked for.

I've also turned the stats on in the "userbit", right next to a posting. It says "Thanks (Given)" and "Thanks (Received)" there now. But I'm not really sure if we should keep that or if it's needed at all. Let me hear your opinions on this, please

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So they're like FaceBook "Likes", pretty much But "Thanks" sounds much nicer, I really like it ^^
    The "Mention" feature is really useful too, nice work, Kirauni

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, just like Facebook, but Lea style.

I like it Kirauni. Grrreat idea.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think for who uses tapatalk, the "likes" already was available few time ago. I used it since them but how there is a lot of time I don't access lea via webpage, I don't know if non tapatalk users could see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm glad you like the new features. Thank you for your feedback!

Yes... app users who use tapatalk or forumrunner won't be able to see the "thank you" button und the postings. But they should be able to use the "mention" code either way.

As Thiago said, tapatalk has its own "like" system, but I think it's one of those tapatalk exclusive features and it isn't directly connected to the board. It's more a "tapatalk community" thing and there's no way to connect both features at the moment.

Those mobile apps are pretty good, if you want to check the forum everywhere and the usualle don't use much bandwidth. But to get the whole "Lea Halalela Experience" () you should use your computer once in a while .

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, being viewable or not in the webpage, I liked your post kirauni.
    Attachment 810