Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lion King and Tear Jerker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lion King and Tear Jerker

Guys, I have a question, I'm soon going to be 27, and as always a very sensitive man.

Do you always cry listening or watching to the awesome moment or sad moment or important moment in the movie?

I haven't watch the full movie for long time as I memorized every single bit of the movie for 21 years. But I would always love watching or reading the important part of the movie and tears just went down on my cheek.

What's your heartfelt, tear jerker, awesome moment in the Lion King?

Me? I can't watch Simba is alive (Rafiki scene) and Simba's Ascension to the Throne (Pride Rock) without crying.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I always lose it when Simba's walking up Pride Rock at the end. I don't know why, I just do.

At the musical, it's the giraffes in Circle of Life. Something about their silhouettes against the scrim and the sun rising... I cry.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Simba walking up to the top of Pride Rock and the roar afterwards as well. It's the best way TLK could have ended ^^

Also the lesson scene where after talking some sense into Simba, Mufasa just plays with him and they talk about the great kings of the past. It's one darn beautiful scene that makes me smile and tear every time

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just started to watch the full movie again last night, and could feel myself getting teary even when Mufasa was telling Simba about the great kings of the past.

I have a feeling when I continue watching it later, tears will be running down my face when Mufasa dies (I got up to the Be Prepared scene, but that certainly doesn't make me cry. Just a feeling of disgust with Scar's evil plan. )

You know, I think the older I get, the more emotional I am.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post

True, I mean I watched all of the epic movie and I just feel thrilled by the content of the movie, I guess as a kid (pre teen, teen years) we didn't appreciate the emotion that much.

LOL, we shared the same context, I agree that the ending Climax just hit us hard on our emotion.

I think it would apply on Climax of Episode V, and Final Duel in Episode III Star Wars.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    At the musical, it's the giraffes in Circle of Life. Something about their silhouettes against the scrim and the sun rising... I cry.
    In the musical it's always the Circle of Life for me too, there's just something about it that's so powerful and wonderful. Makes me tear up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    That definitely goes for me with the movie as well. My theory is that because I've have more emotional life experiences that can relate to more of the scenarios in some way, they tend to affect me more, at a guess anyway. When I was younger I would sometimes only cry at Mufasa's death. These days however, I tear up when Mufasa is telling Simba about the great Kings of the past, when Mufasa dies, sometimes at Mufasa's ghost, and also when Simba is ascending Pride Rock at the end. I've really got to get it under control

I'm going to have to watch the movie again soon to test that out, it's been a while so I'm probably due for another TLK cry
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I never cried, I was like, heartless when I was little

When I saw it in 3D at the theater in 2011 I was much older, much has happened in the past 15 years, I still didn't cry when Mufasa died, but hearing the music made me very teary-eyed. It just sounds so different then when you're sitting in your own living room, looking at your "tiny" TV.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I agree about the music. Sometimes that's enough to get me teary, it just depends. I was even crying at Festival in June. I've never cried during that ever.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess I got more emotional over the years, which makes me cry so much easier with stupid little things, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When I was a child and I first watched the movie, I think I didn't really cry, but I was very close to it. At least I think I got teary eyes and I was overwhelmed when I saw the opening scene. The beautiful music, the brilliant animations, the touching story... this movie is just pure "awsomeness"...

But after my father died, I saw the movie with different eyes and I couldn't help but cry when Mufasa tells Simba of the great kings of the past. That music... it's just too much for me. And of course when Mufasa dies and Simba cries out "Somebody? Anybody"... it's so intense.

And then there was that one day, when I went to the cinema with my pupils to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D. It was a kind of reward for the whole class and when the trailers started, they showed one for TLK. I had no idea that would happend and that sunrise... Lebo's voice it was just overwhelming and I really desired to watch that movie again in 3D

Nowadays, there are still scenes where I get teary eyes. Like the opening, the great Kings of the past, Mufasa's death, Remember who you are and of course Simba on Pride Rock. Whoa... That's one of the reasons I don't want to watch the movie too often. I'm glad I'm not the only one around here.
    Last edited by Kirauni; May 17th, 2018 at 03:07 PM.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mufasa death scene always makes me cry. And yes, I'm sensitive when I see things in movies that are emotional. When I watched recently in the cinema "the fault is in our stars" I had to wait the tears stop coming after the movie ended to be able to leave the cinema.

I guess it's a very normal thing, independent of the age of the person

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It is very normal, I don't feel man or woman should be ashamed of going to the movies and crying with emotional things.
    Movies these days seem so real and close to home with real subjects.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When TLK first came out, I don’t think I cried much, if I cried at all. I certainly don’t remember doing so.

These days, I will admit that whenever I watch “Circle of Life” & ”King of Pride Rock”, I get a bit misty-eyed. The music is the primary cause - I can watch those scenes over and over without the soundtrack, but the room is suddenly full of evil phantom onions when I press the un-mute button.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    • In a program which aired in the UK back in 2005, detailing the top 100 family movies of all time (The Lion King was number 6), one of the producers revealed that they received a letter from a young boy who had been devastated at the loss of his father. Unsure what else to do, his mother took him to see the film as a way of cheering him up, completely unaware of what happened in it... But rather than make things worse, the film actually helped him come to terms with what happened.
    • Another similar story was detailed in the special features of the 2-Disc Special Edition, in which a man lost his wife but had no idea how to tell his young child, who was too young to understand what death was. So he showed his child the film, and then explained that while Mummy was gone, Mummy was always watching over them. The woman telling the story was nearly in tears by the end. "...and when your films do that...it makes it all worth while."
    Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ng/TheLionKing

I found this entry on The Lion King/Heartwarming section. this two? I was watching Mufasa's Death, Simba's Ascend, Hans Zimmer's live The Lion King medley. it build up my inner feelings and after reading the quotes above? It just explode, I'm 30 this year and after all the years the movie made us to be a better person? It makes it all worth while, as she said.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't really remember crying at any of the scenes when I was young.Mufasa's death terrified me though and Scar's death as well. Especially the latter, the cruelty of it haunted me.

A few years back, it got very weird. It was difficult to watch the movie without weeping in like, 80% of it. All the memories I have from this movie and the way it has affected my life, it's incredible.

Lately I'm not so emotional, but there are a few scenes that make my eyes water. Like, when "Circle of life" and "This land" start playing, or during Simba's talk with Mufasa after Elephant Graveyard and the Remember who you are scene...And of course when Simba climbs on Priderock near the end. So probably 50% of the movie? Not sure if it's an improvement or not.