Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Discussion: TLG subforum and "The Jungle"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So... for now I've added the prefixes like Guntur suggested. It was rather tricky to pick a matching color, since we have many different styles. But I think the green one fits the new default Style and TLG style quite well. And it's not that bad in the other styles as well. I have to admin that one has to get used to them, but I think that's not much of a problem, but rather a question of personal taste.

As for the Jungle and the sub forum:
    I agree with Shatara, because I don't think another subforum is necessary at the moment. And with those prefixes one can easily see what movie we're talking about. Perhaps later we'll have plenty of topics for SP/TLK 1 1/2 or TLG and then we can always create another subforum. But for now, that's a nice solution.

Let me explain you how those prefixes work:

Here you see some threads in the "Everything the Light Touches" subforum that have a prefix.

Attachment 804

If you want to pick a prefix for your thread, you either have to edit it or to create a new one. Right above the thread's title you can choose a prefix that fits your thread.

Attachment 805

If you want to sort the threads, you can do this. Just scroll down in the threadlist and pick "Thread Display Options" ---> "Prefix". Then click on "Show threads" to display only threads with a specific prefix.

Attachment 806

I hope that helps

Suggestions, comments?

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would vote for putting Timon and Pumbaa animated series and The Lion Guard into Everything the Light Touches as we have Prefixes now. I mean it could use less of a space and bandwidth (Although I'm not sure about this).

I'm alright with all the suggestion, like I said, we're going to make the forum better for new and old users.

I agree with the making of a new Forum for The Lion Guard is just a little too early, We'll see how the series goes and how the traffic and fanbase goes with TLG.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    I would vote for putting Timon and Pumbaa animated series and The Lion Guard into Everything the Light Touches as we have Prefixes now. I mean it could use less of a space and bandwidth (Although I'm not sure about this).
    Don't worry. One forum doesn't make much of a difference in terms of bandwidth and space
    If we had... let's say.. a few hundred more, one forum could make a difference, if the server had problems handling to many variables (that occured to me once a few years ago, but with another board on another server). But nowadays I don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.