Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: TLG subforum and "The Jungle"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Discussion: TLG subforum and "The Jungle"

Originally posted by Leorgathar on: The Lion Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar
    Yeap, it's what has us all excited, it's a great time to be a TLK fan ^^

I wonder if The Lion Guard will be such a hit. It's be great if there's cool new merchandise, like t-shirts with the Guard's mark on it sold in Hot Topic (I certainly would like one of those ). But it's still a kids show for Disney Jr, so it might not be that big after all ><

Oh btw, I've also been thinking that at some point it'll be a good idea to make a new section in the forum dedicated to TLG. Since it'll be a TV series, maybe it would fit well in 'The Jungle', along with the 'Timon and Pumbaa' series section. That poor place has been ignored for a long while now, maybe TLG could give it a new purpose, don't you think? xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's a good idea, Leor. Hopefully we can keep it more organized than other forums do...

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Oh btw, I've also been thinking that at some point it'll be a good idea to make a new section in the forum dedicated to TLG. Since it'll be a TV series, maybe it would fit well in 'The Jungle', along with the 'Timon and Pumbaa' series section. That poor place has been ignored for a long while now, maybe TLG could give it a new purpose, don't you think? xD
    Sure, why not? That's a great idea. Do you think we need a new subforum or should we post the threads about TLG in the "Hakuna Matata" section?

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why a new subforum is necessary. 'The Jungle' is pretty much redundant anyway, with all of 5 threads in it. It's not like there's hundreds of posts a day that need fine categorization.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good point, Shatara. I don't know, I guess it depends on how many different threads about TLG we could start (and I hope the show will give us so much to talk about )
    Another idea could be to make a subforum inside "Everything the light touches" instead, similar to the "Reading Log" one.
    Whatever works best

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think merging with The Jungle or one thread with TV related topic like The Swamp would work too. It would be easier to navigate with one page of topic of different TV shows like Timon and Pumbaa and TLG.

I have a suggestion, if you could mark a small topic with TLG or Timon and Pumbaa icon would be great, That's how He-man org used it for their 1983-2007 MOTU big topic.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    [...]
    I have a suggestion, if you could mark a small topic with TLG or Timon and Pumbaa icon would be great, That's how He-man org used it for their 1983-2007 MOTU big topic.
    That's a really good idea. Thanks for bringing this up!
    I already thought of marking the threads for the different movies with an icon, so that one can see easily which one we're talking about and there wouldn't be another subform necessary. Howeber, your suggestions is way better. Thanks, Gutur.
    As far as I know they use prefixes there and that's an excellent idea, because prefixes can be searched. I'll try to come up with something and I hope you think that's a good idea, too. I'll post an announcement when I'm done.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, having a prefixes is good enough to search and it would shrinking down the Main Topic for better navigation.

I don't think people would agree with shrinking down topic but as long as we get the prefixes are fine enough by me. New member or New old veteran member should easily search it now.

You're welcome, just helping my home to make it better.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm not lying to you but, I don't know how to make a prefix to be honest. I saw they did that a year ago but I don't know how to add it on the title of the topic.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice, having a prefixes is good enough to search and it would shrinking down the Main Topic for better navigation.

I don't think people would agree with shrinking down topic but as long as we get the prefixes are fine enough by me. New member or New old veteran member should easily search it now.
    Uhm... what exactly do you mean by "shrinking down topic"? I don't quite get it, I'm sorry.

I'm not lying to you but, I don't know how to make a prefix to be honest. I saw they did that a year ago but I don't know how to add it on the title of the topic.

Ah, don't worry. I'll post a little tutorial later on

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    Uhm... what exactly do you mean by "shrinking down topic"? I don't quite get it, I'm sorry.

I mean by Merging The Lion Guard forum and Hakuna Matata forum into one TV related forum. Since they both are Animated TV series why not? I mean if TLG have it's own subforum of course.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So... for now I've added the prefixes like Guntur suggested. It was rather tricky to pick a matching color, since we have many different styles. But I think the green one fits the new default Style and TLG style quite well. And it's not that bad in the other styles as well. I have to admin that one has to get used to them, but I think that's not much of a problem, but rather a question of personal taste.

As for the Jungle and the sub forum:
    I agree with Shatara, because I don't think another subforum is necessary at the moment. And with those prefixes one can easily see what movie we're talking about. Perhaps later we'll have plenty of topics for SP/TLK 1 1/2 or TLG and then we can always create another subforum. But for now, that's a nice solution.

Let me explain you how those prefixes work:

Here you see some threads in the "Everything the Light Touches" subforum that have a prefix.

Attachment 804

If you want to pick a prefix for your thread, you either have to edit it or to create a new one. Right above the thread's title you can choose a prefix that fits your thread.

Attachment 805

If you want to sort the threads, you can do this. Just scroll down in the threadlist and pick "Thread Display Options" ---> "Prefix". Then click on "Show threads" to display only threads with a specific prefix.

Attachment 806

I hope that helps

Suggestions, comments?

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mean we could always rename Hakuna Matata descriptions.

These threads can be anything related to the cartoon series Timon and Pumbaa, and the new animated series The Lion Guard.

something like that. I mean we could have all of the forum active thanks to the new show.

Anyway, this is only suggestion by me, no harm done if you guys don't agree with me, I'm just adding suggestion for the forum.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice job with the Prefixes! It's a great idea
    I think renaming the Hakuna Matata subforum and its description could also work well. But I also agree that it's still too early for that. Like I said, hopefully later on TLG will give us so much to talk about and then it'll be ideal to organize the threads about it in a subforum.
    But we'll see

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Nice job with the Prefixes! It's a great idea
    Thanks!

I mean we could always rename Hakuna Matata descriptions.

These threads can be anything related to the cartoon series Timon and Pumbaa, and the new animated series The Lion Guard.

something like that. I mean we could have all of the forum active thanks to the new show.

Anyway, this is only suggestion by me, no harm done if you guys don't agree with me, I'm just adding suggestion for the forum.

Thank you for explaining to me what you meant.
    At first I had this in mind, too. However, Shatara does have a valid point. On top of that, we don't know if the new show will really encourage us to create more topics there. I have always been in favor of "The Jungle" as a place to talk about the TV show(s). But with all those new prefixes and the lack of topics, I don't really see a reason why we should keep that forum. Unless we want to preserve it just because it has always been there, that is

On the other hand, we could easily move all the Jungle's/Hakuna Matata's topics about Timon and Pumbaa to "Everything The Light Touches" now and add the right prefixes to them. That would leave the Jungle quite empty, but what if we then used it for something new? While adding some prefixes to old topics, I noticed that we have a lot of threads about (tlk-realted and other) merchandising. And I started to think...Maybe we could rename the forum's description and use the Jungle for topics about "selling", "give aways" or any new merchandising (e.g. Hot topic, Primark, Ebay...?). We could either keep the category "Jungle" and just rename the "Hakuna Matata" subforum to something new or we could remove the (empty) "Hakuna Matata" forum and create a subforum out of "the Jungle". I've got a board like this on my German TLK discussion board and that place is visited frequently by many members while the TLK discussion about the movies, the tv shows, videos, links, music, musical etc. are in a different section.

What do you think? Would that suit Lea Halalalea or is it just me?

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would vote for putting Timon and Pumbaa animated series and The Lion Guard into Everything the Light Touches as we have Prefixes now. I mean it could use less of a space and bandwidth (Although I'm not sure about this).

I'm alright with all the suggestion, like I said, we're going to make the forum better for new and old users.

I agree with the making of a new Forum for The Lion Guard is just a little too early, We'll see how the series goes and how the traffic and fanbase goes with TLG.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks again

I would vote for putting Timon and Pumbaa animated series and The Lion Guard into Everything the Light Touches as we have Prefixes now. I mean it could use less of a space and bandwidth (Although I'm not sure about this).
    Don't worry. One forum doesn't make much of a difference in terms of bandwidth and space
    If we had... let's say.. a few hundred more, one forum could make a difference, if the server had problems handling to many variables (that occured to me once a few years ago, but with another board on another server). But nowadays I don't think we have to worry about that anymore.

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I thought maybe just call the new sub forum the name of that club thing in the lion guard? And just put it in the jungle where the hakuna matata sub board is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uhm... what "club thing" are you refering to?

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was on my phone, so couldn't look it up, I meant call it "return of the roar"

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah yes... That's a nice idea indeed.

I think we should keep that name in mind, if wee need that Lion Guard subforum later on. Thanks, Nathalie!

~ Brom, "Eragon".