Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lea 10 years ago...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am surprised that I'm still here but few minor changes that I didn't get married with her sadly. stuff happens within this 10 years.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow, time flies. I'm happy because I was able to stay here for so much time. Love you all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh my, I WILL be 32 this year, just like I said I would in that thread *aaaaaaaah*

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehe, I recognize some of those names - I wonder who some of the "unregistered users" are?
    I gotta admit, I'm surprised that I'm still here...but I'm also surprised Lea's still here too, considering various events.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Hehe, I recognize some of those names - I wonder who some of the "unregistered users" are?
    The thread maker is obviously Phantom, but the unregistered in there are Me, Ravoc (Old ID), and Sonique.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, impressive find!

That's really an interesting read. I'm glad we were able to recover old threads like this. That's like opening one of those "time capsules" some hollywood movies talk about. You know, the ones pupils in a primary school bury so that somebody else can dig them out decades later.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    The thread maker is obviously Phantom, but the unregistered in there are Me, Ravoc (Old ID), and Sonique.
    If you could tell me which one is which, I could try re-assigning their names.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    Wow, impressive find!

That's really an interesting read. I'm glad we were able to recover old threads like this. That's like opening one of those "time capsules" some hollywood movies talk about. You know, the ones pupils in a primary school bury so that somebody else can dig them out decades later.
    What she said!

Wow, that was so weird, but so cool, to read somehow Time capsule indeed! Makes me wish too that I had been here from the beginning. And I thought the talk of TLK's 20th anniversary was especially amusing to read now, considering we did have a discussion/"event" around it on here

I can't help but wonder what the forum would have been like if the server crashes had never happened and the original forum stayed up. Do you think that more of the older members would have stuck around?

And, then... how about another 10 years from now? Where will we, and Lea, be by then?

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    And, then... how about another 10 years from now? Where will we, and Lea, be by then?
    Wow well, I'll be 39 by then, about to hit my 40's. Life will be very different then, like, maybe I'll be married to someone and have a generally busier life. But I don't plan on leaving Lea, I don't see myself doing that unless I'm really forced to (which I doubt )

Message to Future Leor:
    Dear Future Leor, I really hope you're still hanging around, if not, hopefully someone will get you to read this 10 years from now. Whatever you're doing, wherever you are, always remember the friends you made here, they're all really amazing people that did influence greatly in your life. If you ever lose contact with any of them, please do yourself a favor and give them a call, alright? you won't regret it
    And if TLK (that's 'The Lion King', in case you don't remember) isn't appealing to you anymore, well... what the hell is wrong with you!? Go watch it, right now! Past Leor commands it!
    (But if you still like it... treat yourself and go watch it anyway ^^)

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaand I'm still here. Might not be as active as I once was but I'm still around.

It's hard to believe that I was only 15 years old back then too. I'm 25 now.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw man, I wish I had been on Lea from the very beginning like you guys it must be very nostalgic. But I'm here to stick with you to the end

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not sure about the older members have stuck around.
    I've noticed extremely busy forums from 10 years ago, which are also struggling very hard lately to stay alive.
    People get older, get lives, kids, jobs (which I guess makes it all a bit harder then when you're in school, as you're most of the time still living at home not taking care of an entire household at that age), other interests.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but the logs from 10 years ago actually *brought me back*. Shatara mentioned on Steam last night that most/all posts from back then were restored, and I kinda spent the better part of the last day engulfed in nostalgia.
    Endra - Formerly Aziri & Ghalati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endra View Post
    Shatara mentioned on Steam last night that most/all posts from back then were restored,
    did you folks joined Lea Halalela's Steam Group?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just did this evening, actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, if you want to add me on Steam just feel free man, I Miss you old timer folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post

If you could tell me which one is which, I could try re-assigning their names.

If you happen to read someone is butchering english grammar with a lot of Haha and "idiot" emote, that would be me.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, nice message, Leor. Let's hope that you will follow it if you ever do happen to leave Lea.

10 years from now, I'll be 35... scary thought (even more scary if I turn grey early). I'll probably be married and have kids by then (hope so), so if Lea is still around when they get older, I may ask them to join too, providing I'm still here of course. But I think I will be. I mean, I didn't see myself being here still 10 years later, and here I am, hehe.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ..I'm surrounded by youngins. XD

Ugh, 10 years from now I'll be 44. So much can happen in 10 years, but turning 44? I don't even want to think about it.
    *hides under her desk*
    I'M NEVER GONNA GROW UP, TIME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

*cough* Ahem.

Honestly though, if Lea's still around in 10 years, there's a good chance I'll still be lurking.
    I have an online routine - I click through all of my old forum bookmarks (the forums that are still online anyway), at least once every other day...so as long as Lea's online, I'll be passing by...like a digital tumbleweed.
    ^__^

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    I'M NEVER GONNA GROW UP, TIME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
    Amen! I'm def more silly and child-like than I was a decade ago! And I dun foresee that changing any time soon :>

I'm working to make Lea part of my daily routine again - it is just a bit strange because I stopped using forums regularly years ago!

EDIT: Also, in the spirit of Lea nostalgia... some piccies!

Me being a dork with photoshop:

My PC setup in 2004 (lol):
    Last edited by Endra; August 19th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endra View Post
    Amen! I'm def more silly and child-like than I was a decade ago! And I dun foresee that changing any time soon :>

I'm working to make Lea part of my daily routine again - it is just a bit strange because I stopped using forums regularly years ago!

EDIT: Also, in the spirit of Lea nostalgia... some piccies!

Me being a dork with photoshop:

My PC setup in 2004 (lol):
    Apparently I saw those (Photoshop picture) while surfing the old thread. Good times, Look at that picture, over 10 years vbulletin have evolved step by step, and I prefer the old vbulletin to be honest.

------------------------------

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Message to Future Leor:
    Excellent Leor, Definitely I'm going to post something similar to my future self.

MESSAGE TO FUTURE GUNTUR:

Fendi, You're going to be 37 this year, my advice, don't be a bum, get married, have some kids, play more games while you can to be honest.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group