Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Rules...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can understand that a lot of our mods have been mods for a long time, but it seems that more than half of the members are mods right now! This forum could run with a single admin at the minute, and I think there's very little that would be done here that could even lead to anything close to the site being shut down.

Anyway, obviously it's only me that seems to have a problem with it so I won't press the issue.

The Alpha Wolf Returns Aurelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's hard for me to read this without burning up inside. I'm not going to say anything here for fear of sounding petty, putting down an innocent person, or jumping to conclusions about something I am unaware of, but STM, I think you need to talk to Manda about a discussion me and her had shortly before the old Lea went down, and you should figure out why I feel like I have been slapped in the face. I am afraid I am getting upset over nothing, so please PM me when you two have discussed this. Thanks.

I have nothing more to say about this topic at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I suppose I should, speak up. ^^;; As I still don't really know anyone on Lea really well, I'll admit, it's a wee bit intimidating to make new threads some place even after reading rules and seeing so many staff members. I sometimes can't help but wonder if I'm going to be told 'not do this' or 'not to do that'. Er, no offense meant of course!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In my opinion, I think this discussion a bit premature, since we're still hoping other members of the previous Lea incarnations find their way here. The mods now were mods previously, and the ones that aren't super-mods only have access to a limited number of forums. So, effectively, you have ~ three mods for any given forum. You could argue that the admins are also mods, but they are really here to set the tone during Lea's rebirth and fix technical issues.

Personally, I don't intend to, nor want to, moderate anything. Primarily I'm here to assist with technical issues and backup the database regularly so we have an extra copy.