I've seen a few examples around the site of people implementing the 'rules' fairly strictly over the last few days. While I accept that the forum needs a few rules to keep things running smoothly I fear that when there are so few members it sets a dangerous precedent.

The reason I left the original Lea forum back in 2006 was the 'Us & Them' culture that had developed, with too many mods enforcing the rules as they saw fit. I can see why the idea of having lots of mods may seem like a nice way of rewarding your mates on the site but really, the amount of people here right now we don't need any more than 1 moderator.

One of the other forums I frequent has literally thousands of members and only 3 mods. What they say goes, but they only post when necessary. Perhaps, if there's a rule that needs to be enforced (i.e. if it is breaching legal or personal boundaries) someone could have access to a 'Mod' account. That way there wouldn't be any personal resentment towards members who appear to have more power than others.

Frankly, petty law enforcement when the forum is this small is the sort of thing that will kill it off before it even grows.

I should add, this isn't a personal attack on anyone, it's just a heads up to something that could be a problem in the future. Too many mods spoil the broth.