Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Walt Disney Stock Certificate Simba Artist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Walt Disney Stock Certificate Simba Artist

I don't post on Lea often (or at all) but I need fellow Lion King fan's help!!

Disney stockholders can purchase a special stock certificate on the Disney store: http://www.disneystore.com/the-walt-...63897/1000202/ . Simba and Timon are featured on the left hand side.

But I can't help but notice that Simba doesn't look like any official Disney clipart I've seen. In fact the style reminds me of a fanart artist, but WHICH ONE?! Does anybody recognize it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you for the link!
    Unfortunately, I've never seen this image of Simba with Timon before, so it doesn't really ring a bell. But I know what you mean.
    It doesn't look like an official clipart, or at least it doesn't look like the thousands of picture we know
    Over the time I've seen many (official) Lion King Comics and books out there and as far as I can tell, none of the artists that have illustrated the comics or the official books drew this picture of Simba.
    But then again, the Simba on the Simba's Pride BluRay or DVD cover didn't look like that either. Perhaps somebody at Disney has just recently drawn the image and thus the style changed a bit?

Simba's expression is a bit odd, but still interesting and now that I took a closer look the artist's style seems quite familiar. For me, it bears a huge resemblance to the style used in The Lion King 1,5/Lion King 3, but I'm no artist and certainly no expert concerning fan-works

It would be interesting to know what you others think.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Simba reminds me of TLK 2 Simba.

Nice find LC, anyway welcome back
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It reminds me of some of the Simba images that are on Disney Parks stuff from a few years ago. There was a shirt with a print similar to this one.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.