Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: READ: Signature Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Roog, show some consideration, that guy who got run over by the tank was standing up against China, one of the world powers mind you. He gave his life for what he believed to be right.
    Care to point out my indiscretion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably my fault, I put the picture up because of something do do with "he had a lot of passion"... indeed, he was killed by imperial troops in the Tianemen Square incident doing nothing wrong, standing up for democracy...

but I don't believe we were disrespecting him. S'alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, we weren't disrespecting him.....I can do a lot better job of disrespecting someone, damnit!......

And if we were disrespecting anyone it would be the Chinese Government. We were actually praising the dude who got ran over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here, Here!

*buys tickets to China for himself and lion_roog to protest China's government*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Here, Here!

*buys tickets to China for himself and lion_roog to protest China's government*
    Woot!!.....Finally....I will be tall!.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.

Having previously posted in this thread, I like to nod again in agreement that it's pretty nice that there's a rule like this existing on this forum. However, I'd like to point of a few things. They are as follows:

1) While most have a picture in their signature that is within the limits of the given white box, some also have smileys (and additional text) in their signature - multiple of them - that increase the size of their signatures. Now these smileys are images themselves and do a "good" job in increasing the size of these bottom boxes. Couldn't the smileys be considered images as well, and therefore if you have many smileys in your signature with many below each other you'd have to reduce the amount of them until the TOTAL amount of imagesize is within the limits, smileys included? In the IDEAL case, you'd also include all text within the limitations and thus all would have to fit within that box - at least in a -vertical- scale.

I mean, it doesn't help much if the main picture is within the limits but there are tons of smileys and yada-yada in addition. The signature is still annoyingly big, especially so if the writer doesn't say more than "XD" in his/her posts.

2) There are still people on the board whose signatures do not meet the requirements of the board - that is why I'd like to ask if these rules could be ENFORCED? It's no good if you have the rule but a number of people don't want to follow it.

Please, give a warning to people with too big signatures and make them listen and even consider something like 3-day bans if they don't!

That's all for now.

.. just to make things clear, I like this board and like the people who write here. It's fun to read many things here and that's why it'd be even more fun and convenient for everyone if you wouldn't sometimes be forced to look for the actual posts in the jungle of big signatures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The mods are doing the best they can with pm-ing everybody.

I personally thought everybody would be wise enough to understand the rules Mufasa gave, but apperently, we still have to pm lots of people.

I have pm-ed lots of people, but you can't know that ... I can't make everybody know when I did ...
    Because we do pm people when we have to.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And thus i reduced my banner size.
    Some good points there, Tigris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very good points. Smileys under signatures can get annoying, but the mods nor the members can really do anything about it as long as the smileys and test don't go past 10 spaces of text (including blank spaces). Besides, the mods don't have much power really over other members. All we can really do is PM them with a warning or run and tell Mufasa.

One of the main purposes of the mods themselves is so that the entire board doesn't send a million PMs to Mufasa asking for this and that. There are a lot of members here, and gtting that many PMs would choke the life and soul out of anyone =P

So, if you have a complaint or notice something is wrong (such as other members signature sizes, PM one of the mods and we'll check it out and then we'll do what we can to help)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Darkslash
    Hey, Chinese need passion... ever since they ran over that one guy with a tank...

:P Actually no one knows whatever happened to him. That was on June 4th, 1989. Protests from the students and stuff have lasted weeks already. The president of the time, Deng Xiao Ping, betrayed them and sent armies to fight the rioters at Tian An Men Square. That guy dared to stand in front of a tank. No one knows a name. Some people say he got crushed or shot or put to jail. That video was actually taken by an American satellite... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    damn i'd like to know what happened to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is about signature rules only.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I found it really odd, that even older members can't remember that your banner can only be [size=huge]500 x 300[/size] !

Us mods, have other things to do then PM everyone

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Also make sure your signature doesn't take up the whole screen !!

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu