Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nephews and Nieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you guys noticed my new album on Facebook? I've been visiting my relative and my friend's grave early in the morning.

Especially my eldest deceased niece, I haven't gone to her grave for solid 10 years to be honest, as her death anniversary were yesterday and I was visiting her in a right time, telling her that she's not alone and she got her uncle on her side forever and ever.

(Translation) : Al Fatihah The Late Khadijah Bt Zulkarnein, born and died (passed away) on 7/26/2005 with 19 Jumaada al-Akhir 1426 Hijra. May her soul rest in the mercy of Allah S.W.T.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To pass away so young but that's a very beautiful sentiment. I'm sure she would be proud of her uncle

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I just want to give you good news that my Sister in Law is in labor at the moment, my mom break the news 20 minutes ago.

Good news is We've got another Niece, meaning that we have 5 Girls compared to 3 Boys. It's going to be a pink generation from now on

YAY for Fendi for getting another children.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here are my 2 rascal newphews.
    Oldest is 7, youngest just turned 5 last week.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have two nephews, three nieces, and two more on the way One on my side and one on Pat's side. Due in August and November I believe. Pretty exciting times, and yet it still doesn't make me want my own kids, perhaps even more of the reverse
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I feel the same. I got the next best thing, my brother's youngest is my Godchild, for me that's enough.
    I don't believe in "it's different when it's your own", because, what if it's not ... Need to be smart enough to not take that risk.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, they're cute Nathalie. And Azerane, wow that's a full family! Guntur, you have a big batch of kids there too!

I'm an only child and don't have any siblings, so I "can't have" nieces or nephews, lol. I wish I had nieces and nephews, it would give my mother something to do since I like a more boring life.

I have an unofficial niece that lives nearby, (she's a step-cousin, but sooo much younger than me I call her my niece since I was in high school when she was born,) but she's in college now, so a little old :P

I'm god mother to an aunt's daughter, but the aunt and I don't really gel well together and drifted our seperate ways very soon after she was born, so I don't really know her.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, that's a shame.
    My Godmother dissapeared when I was 6. When I was about 19 or 20 she tried contacting me again. Mainly she wanted to get to my dad, instead of just directly calling him, or visiting him, not that she doesn't know where he lives.

She keeps calling and calling, and I go to Brussels once a year to satify her needs, haha.
    Been loads of times to Brussels this year actually, and I kept "forgetting" to mention it to her

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Five or 6 is about when I disappeared unfortunately too. It's kind of a shame, she's 12 now and those years won't get back, but my aunt has always had a very specific vision of life that everyone needs to interact according to and so far the girl is growing up to be very much her parent's ultra-successful daughter just fine without me. Very specific rules for the kid, she was learning a language, instruments (more than one,) and horseback riding lessons by 6. Just way too much high-powered perfectionist Tiger Mom stuff. And as a personal choice that's fine, but. No place in a life like that for a slacker like me, and every time we talked it was some new "suggestion" or criticism about what I aught to be doing with my aunt's disappointment oozing off of her every time she spoke to me. Nope, you know what, just keep your kid & good luck. I'm sorry I'm not the person you thought I was when you asked me to do this, but I'm not going to change myself to become it to fit your life.

Ah well. Maybe my local "niece" will decide to start a family someday, she knows & loves me for the oddball basketcase that I am, lol.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You're right though. Normally a Godparent is chosen for a reason.
    Not really so much over here, well, depends on how religious you are I guess. For some people it really is, that the Godparent is 2nd in line to take of the kid when something happens to the parents.

I don't see my Godchild as often, I only live an hour away by car, but by public transportation it's a 4-6 hour journey, depending if I wanna use only the bus or bus+train.
    But every time I am at my parents, I do try to see him every chance I get. I'm very uncomfortable around him, haha, his speech for a 5 year old is pretty bad, so I can't do much with him.
    I took him to a concert of a childrens-group 3 months ago, while he was very quiet, and fixated at one point looking at the stage, you could tell he was having fun, more so with my glowstick, haha.
    I try to do these kind of things, to get a bit of a bond with him and such.
    His brother is 7, and talks and talks, which makes it so much easier to interact with.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu