Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nephews and Nieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nephews and Nieces

Hey guys, I just want to know if any of you folks have a baby or pre teen nephews and nieces?

On the 4th month of 2015 My sister going to birth a baby boy. It's been a little "drought" of Male nephews since 2008 and I'm glad my Mother going to have a male grandchildren again. What lucky for my family is I have a year old Twin girl now, My god at the young age they already depended on each others and have a distinct personality already. I'm sure her parents going to give them a headache like a few of my twin friends. I have two twin friends and the just could not stay at the same room over clash of personalities which just normal to me.

YAY, Guntur/Fendi, a proud uncle. or a Monkey's uncle.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well congrats for becoming an uncle! I don't have direct nephews or nieces, but I have cousins who have kids, that I see regularily, so it's kinda the same thing xD

As for twins, as many know, I have a twin brother myself. I feel kinda bad for my parents, it must've been such a pain to raise us but we ended up developing very different personalities. If I had to put it simple, I'd say he's more extrovert and I'm more on the introvert side xP

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Congrats on becoming an uncle. I have one nephew, he is 5 years old. He is such a sweet kid, I wish I could see him more often. He honestly has made me comfortable being around young children, makes me more open to the idea of having my own children some day. Not that I was totally against the idea of having children, I just wasn't sure if I want kids or not.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, kinda the same thing, I have like 40 cousins and to be honest I have a lot of nephews and nieces first removed. Yeah, It's great to have a cousin who have their babies and you could just hold on to Leor.

I honestly didn't know you have twins Leor. Yeap, I guess that's the truth about twins, people both have a different personality than what stereotype twins have in fiction.

Introvert and extrovert. Yes I've seen those in real life, I nearly got punched by my friend because I accidentally say his twin's name.

while thinking about my nephews and nieces, I do have a dark secret that My brother lose a baby while the womb 10 years ago, and also 5 years later I lost my grandfather on the same date.

http://leahalalela.net/showthread.ph...g-Happen-Today

As she's in heaven right now the good news is she have 2 healthy brother and one healthy sister, Sometime we kinda wish that she would join us again in real life.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A monkey's uncle? You're so weird!

But yes, congratulation, Guntur!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    He is such a sweet kid, I wish I could see him more often. He honestly has made me comfortable being around young children, makes me more open to the idea of having my own children some day. Not that I was totally against the idea of having children, I just wasn't sure if I want kids or not.
    I can so relate to that! For me, it was similiar with my nephews and nieces. I actually have four nephews and three nieces, but most of them are no longer teens. I grew up with them and that also helped me feeling comfortable around young children. My oldest niece is only 6 years younger than I so it felt more like having a few more sisters and brothers

My youngest nephew, however, is 9 months old now. He's far the youngest and a really a cute little boy!
    And I'm glad because now my little daugther has a cousin around her age (she's one year old now). Of course she like her other cousins, too. But when she's older, I think she'll play more with someone around her age.
    Unfortnately, my nieces and nephews don't live near us. So we only see each others occasionally. And sometimes it's hard to keep in touch

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    Unfortnately, my nieces and nephews don't live near us. So we only see each others occasionally. And sometimes it's hard to keep in touch
    Ouch, sorry to hear that, over here in my family it is completely the opposite, because All of my uncles and cousin are living in the same area, My sisters and my cousin are living in a same apartment, so there's usually a afternoon break or a dinner break with my cousins and my sister. Usually my mother said that she's going to go to the cafe just hanging out with her nephews and nieces, And I occasionally goes down and have a meal at the cafe poking people around.

Still, after a terrible year in 2005, after 10 years later, my mother have 8 grandchildren.

It's all right Sharifu, most of my friends have children nowadays, I'm just not ready to have a family or children, I usually play with then and they usually call me "Uncle Fendi"
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know how you feel, Sharifu. Also didn't felt very comfortable around young kids, but I started to some kind of like it. ;-) I don't have any nephew or nieces, but some cousins and a lot of people around me got kids (which was quite a shock to me when you
    suddenly realize how old you are xD).

One of my older cousins also lost a kid before it was born. This was a horrible experience, more for them than for me of course, but life goes on and it did... sort of. :-/

Nevertheless, congratulation of being a "monkey's uncle", Guntur. Don't let them play in the elephant graveyard, though... try something more safe, like a waterfall. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    Nevertheless, congratulation of being a "monkey's uncle", Guntur. Don't let them play in the elephant graveyard, though... try something more safe, like a waterfall. xD
    They did go to the Elephant graveyard, by wanting to play GTA, I explained to them that it's a violent game and it's not a "fun" game to look at, I have to be responsible with these kids because I'm a type of "parents" who watch their kid about what's right or wrong on these things, since the parents couldn't see it, it my responsibility now.

(12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Enjoy the niece or nephew Guntur!

I don't have siblings so I can't contribute much. Though, after about 15 years of everyone being adult or teenaged in my family, one of my cousins is getting married in 2 months, and they are very eager to start a family. I figure they'll spend the summer getting buying a house squared away and then by next christmas we should all have some news, if that long even.

It's gonna be so odd to have a baby in the family.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have 2 nephews (both from my brother).
    The eldest turned 6 last month, the youngest (who is also my Godchild) will turn 4 in May.

It hasn't changed my mind at all about having kids, my mind has been set on not having any since I was 11 years old, and I still feel the same way.

Congratz on being an uncle Fendi!

And then obviously, I have the full circle of other nephews and nieces, the children of my aunts/uncles, but in that line, my sister is the youngest and she'll already be 20 this June, so no little ones in that line anymore.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    And then obviously, I have the full circle of other nephews and nieces, the children of my aunts/uncles
    Do you mean your cousins? I do have a few cousins that have their own kids, but I have never met them, they all live quite far away. I just see photos of them on Facebook.

My sister in law also has children of her own. I think her daughter is around 8 years old, and her son is 6. I guess I would be considered their aunt, well, I don't know if that's what they would call me, but I always called my aunts and uncles that, even if they are an aunt and uncle by marriage. (For example, my mom's sister, so my aunt, is married. I still call her husband Uncle Bob) But her kids hardly know me. But they are moving to Seattle later this month, from Finland. So maybe her kids will end up speaking more English and I will get to know them better. (Although I know they speak English some, they were living in China for a year and a half and went to an English speaking school) Seattle is not that far away, we can fly there on a 2 hour flight, maybe we'll get to visit them sometime this year.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are they called cousins? Lol
    I just always say niece and nephew.
    I still see them all once in a while, including their kids. We arequite a tight family on my mothers side. There like 60 of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just want you to know that her due date are here today but no labour pain at the moment, She said that she's going to the hospital on tuesday for Labor induction if she's not on labor these 2 days.

But everything went well today, She's smiling, visiting her siblings at this house, helping my mom out. Let just say she's prepared.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Already? How times flies... I hope everything will be fine for her and of course I hope you'll keep us informed

My three nephews, my little daughter and I went to a holiday park yesterday. But the weather was crazy... the forecast said something about little rain and nice tempereturs but in the end it rained almost all the time XD But we had a lot of fun anyway. At first my daughter was a little scared of the children's rides, but in the end she really enjoyed it. And there were a lot of things for her to discover so yeah... it was great
    Unfortunately, my nephews had to go back home in the evening and today my daughter keeps looking for them. That's so cute, but sad at the same time... Oh well, I guess we have to meet again, soon

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just want to let you guys know that My sister has delivered a baby boy on 11:20am. From what I heard he's doing fine in the hospital and weight on 3KG. My brother in law and my sister are in the hospital and right now it just waiting for the right time to visit 'em.

Oh, just another info, the eldest was sleeping in this house and she's kinda pumped up to meet her little brother.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, congratulations, uncle Fendi!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, great congratulations! That's so great. But 3kg is not very big for a boy but I'm sure he'll grow soon
    All the best for your and your family!

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Doesn't matter if it's a boy, a girl can weigh just as "less".

Congratulations!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Happy to hear big sister is OK with the baby so far, just wait til he's home and hogging the attention, lol.

Enjoy your nephew!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for all the love folks

Behalf of my family we appreciate your well wishes.

As for the latest update seems my sister going to be discharge later on today. I'm praying for her safe journey from the hospital to the home. I probably visit them tomorrow as me and my sister are neighbors, and obviously family members going to visit her in this coming days and weeks.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group