Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an expressed TLK fanatic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you an expressed TLK fanatic?

It seems like I'm seeing quite a few people here being shy about their TLK obsession IRL... I want to know how people deal with their TLK obsession IRL. I let people know that I like TLK, and Scar, but I don't let them know nearly how obsessed I am with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of my friends know that I like the Lion King but only two of them know that I am obsessed with it, one of these has been a good friend of mine for a long time and so knows about all of my drawings but not of my insane collection. My other friend knows about my collection and absolute love for tlk but is only just finding out that I draw tlk so often. I'm not sure if my family knows how obsessed I am with tlk, I don't tell them but they may have worked it out, I quote it enough and watch it enough so they should know. I don't know why I don't tell them. I think it's just a security thing mostly
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All my friends know and I guess I express and quote it a lot... maybe that's how I knew this girl that also likes TLK in my English class...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All my friends know I'm sort of obsessed with TLK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people know that I like TLK....but I don't go out of my way to tell people what I like....I usually let them find that out on their own......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am totally obsessed and not afraid to show it!!!
    OUTLANDER RULEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    SCAR WHEEEEEEEEEEJ!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I leave alotta TLK drawings on random public computers i can find...
    But i only tell my liking for TLK when i'm asked upon. I seldom am the one starting off chats anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I let people know that I like TLK, but I don't tell them that I RP or that I've joined any forums or anything

I have shown people my drawings before, almost everyone I know has seen at least a few of them.

I even use my character's name 'Ravoc' as a nickname around my friends IRL, they've often asked where it comes from. I tell them, "It's just something I came up with.", which is 100% true.

Very rarely will I mention my nickname 'Nuka' though, but a few friends of mine have heard it. My sister (one of many) knows how much I love TLK, but I don't like it when she walks in while I'm writing on Lea.

I think it's one of those things about us all. We like what we like and we want to tell others about it but we're afraid of what might happen if we do, like; they won't be our friends anymore or they'll feel differently about us, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vote the second option.

Some people know I love TLK, and some not. As everything, I'm not shouting everywhere "I love TLK, TLK rules" I'm quite shy to do that, but some of my friends know I like it, but not that I'm so obsessed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I voted the second thing.

"obsessed" is a very big word, which I rather not use with people I just met or don't really know.

To the persons who do know me very well, they know it's kind of like an obsession

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i also have to say the second one. People know i like the lion king i'm partly obsessed but not fully obsessed
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks like i'm the only one who's secret about TLK....

that's why i don't show here photos of me etc... well it's pretty hard, you know. people here don't understand things like this, and i can guess there are less that 10 people who even KNOW what "furry" means....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter what other people think. It's about what you think.

If everybody in this world would like the same thing, I think it would be a pretty boring world *lol*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by kourukon
    looks like i'm the only one who's secret about TLK....

Don't worry, you're not alone; nobody i know IRL knows i am obsessed with TLK, or even that i like it much. I completely agree with Nuka, because i'm afraid what people would think if they found out...deep down i know they probably wouldn't care, but that is not enough to make me feel comfortable with letting them know. I really wish i was the type of person that doesn't care what others think, but unfortunately, i'm not.

Sometimes i am really eager to let my parents know what i'm interested in (not just TLK, but movies and stuff in general), but it seems that every time i start talking about stuff i like, they act all uninterested, and if my brother is around he will usually take the opposite viewpoint which my parents always seem to agree with, and then i feel stupid. The result is that i avoid sharing anything personal with my parents now.

I'm glad i have Lea where i can talk about stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2nd option for me.

I've let my mum, dad and sister know that I like it. I've shown my TLKFAA gallery to my sister. My mum is wanting to see it.

I've told them that I like TLK but I'm not obsessed with it. (I am really )

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by nathalie
    It doesn't matter what other people think. It's about what you think.
    That's right! Preach it sista... wooooooo! You gotta be yourself, without it, you'd lose your identity . (INSERT BORING SONIQUE SPEECH HERE) XD

Where's the "I'm TLK Insane" button?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonique
    Where's the "I'm TLK Insane" button?

Haha, that would have got at least 1 vote already then

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My family knows that I like it, but it doesn't bother them a bit. I agree with Nuka that I dislike it that some of my family members would walk in while I'm on Lea, because I'm afraid of what they might think more of me. That's why I always close the internet windows right before they come in. None of my friends know it, I never tell anyone from school and they're all not worthy of trusting my slight secret to it. I'm just as afraid as you guys about telling other people about it, my little sister already thinks I'm wierd because I like an animated movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everyone knows i love it most of my friends like it as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic. I just like the movie. My friends know that, and if anyone has a problem with that... then it's their problem and not mine.