Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin's Creed (Unity) anyone?

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey...

Speaking as someone who has loved/studied Classical civ for most of her life, there are no emojis that can adequately express my excitement.

No seriously, when I saw the trailer I tried to get out of my computer chair too quickly and ended up flipping it.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only see Odyssey as another Shadow of War game, which is stealth but combat, which I love to be honest. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I've finally played Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
    AC Odyssey is another game that didn't feel like an AC game to me, buuuuut I'm going to ignore that purely because I am a Classical Civ/Mythology fangirl and all I wanna do is run around Ancient Greece, geek out over history and art, and Spartan kick annoying dudes off of cliffs. This game allows me to do all of those things.

So yeah, I'm sorry that I don't have a more in-depth review about gameplay and the like... I'm too busy fangirling about the setting.
    I haven't completed all of the DLC yet, so maybe once that's done I'll step back and take some time to form an opinion other than "OMG GIANT STATUES SO PRETTY"!

I will say this - I found the antagonist(s) to be very annoying and had a lot of fun hunting them down one by one.

Also, I have absolutely zero interest in the modern day storyline now. My interest started to wane after AC3, but now I'm completely lost. I hear there are comics that are supposed to clear some things up (or at lease bring a resolution to some items), but I have neither the time more patience to read them.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    So I've finally played Assassin's Creed Odyssey.AC Odyssey is another game that didn't feel like an AC game to me, buuuuut I'm going to ignore that purely because I am a Classical Civ/Mythology fangirl and all I wanna do is run around Ancient Greece, geek out over history and art, and Spartan kick annoying dudes off of cliffs. This game allows me to do all of those things.So yeah, I'm sorry that I don't have a more in-depth review about gameplay and the like... I'm too busy fangirling about the setting.I haven't completed all of the DLC yet, so maybe once that's done I'll step back and take some time to form an opinion other than "OMG GIANT STATUES SO PRETTY"!I will say this - I found the antagonist(s) to be very annoying and had a lot of fun hunting them down one by one.Also, I have absolutely zero interest in the modern day storyline now. My interest started to wane after AC3, but now I'm completely lost. I hear there are comics that are supposed to clear some things up (or at lease bring a resolution to some items), but I have neither the time more patience to read them.
    I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed in manner in the Asian region, or maybe drop in Persia during Xerxes or Cyrus era. That would probably look like Prince of Persia but I'm all for historical period games that can fuse between Fiction and history.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group