Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 39 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Adulthood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aysha glanced over to the muscular lion next to Simba "Hello there." Aysha smiled. "And thank you Simba, I really appreciate you doing this."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    " Great!" shouted Klowd being happy for Simba's decision.
    " Hey" said Blitz who had just come from outside.
    Klowd didn't said anything to him and pounced on him laughing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Klowd yawned and fell asleep . " Hi Dad" smiled Blitz lying down near Klowd and trying to sleep too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm Aysha, nice meeting you." She smiled and looked back at Simba "Do you mind showing me around?" She asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My Dad's sleeping Simba...mind if I hunt with you?" Kryken smiled "I'm sure Kimi must be starving by now hehe, we better get the food."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: And now to introduce a new character... using my own namesake

A rogue crossed the boundaries into the pride lands, unaware of the presence of other lions. He was a bit smaller than most lions his age, and his mane was thin. But most curiously, his fur was colored with spots like the leopard. Despite his smaller size he was extremely strong, possesing powerful legs and an arched, muscular back.

Zeal had wandered alone much of his life, a thing he attributed to his unknown father. He was a hybrid, his mother had been a rogue lioness, and his father a leopard whom he had never known. He was torn between the way of life his mother had taught him, or the calling of his father's instincts to roam alone.

He wandered alone with his thoughts until he came upon a giant rock, one that seemed to touch the sky. He stared at it for a moment... when suddenly a rowdy lion cub smacked into his leg.

"AHH! Sorry mister." Akadi said to the strange lion, backing away.

Azina came bounding out of the grass, then suddenly stopped when she saw the odd lion.

"Oh hello. Are you new here?" She asked.

"Uh... yea, I guess. I'm just passing through." He responded, smiling at the cubs. He felt a surge of interest in them, he had never seen lion cubs before.

"Oh you could stay here! You seem really nice." Azina answered innocently.

Azina's innocent comment took him by surprise. Zeal had never really thought of staying with other lions, even his mother had been a rogue. But the innocent, happy cubs told him that this pride must be good, honorable one. The idea awakened his lion half, the half that desired life in a pride...

"Well I'm not sure if your leader would be okay with that young cubs." He said.

"Oh, well I think you should go ask him." Akadi replied.

"Ya, go talk to King Simba, he's really nice and wise." Azina added.

So Zeal called out a greeting, at the very least maybe this King would grant him passage through his lands. But if he found a new home, so much the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    " Hey we want to eat too!!" said Klowd who woke up with the smell of the meat. " Yeah ty for waiting" laughed Blitz ,then both went to bite the animal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I am Zeal, I was just passing through your lands, I wasn't aware until these cubs bounded into me that these lands were occupied. However, I have never been in any pride before, and the idea appeals to my lion half. Would it be much trouble if I asked to stay awhile?" Zeal asked, bowing respectfully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roku saw the new lion and walked up to him, bowing.
    "I am sure if you mean us no harm, Simba will allow you stay here. He is a good, kind king."
    Roku smiled slightly
    "I am not even a lion, and he allowed me to live here. I am sure you mean us no harm?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Yeah is great!" said Blitz, Klowd didn't said anything and continued eating. " Mate if you continue eating like this you are going to be able to live with the elephants." Blitz laughed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zeal nodded to Roku. "I'm not entirely lion myself. My father was a leopard, as one can see from my spots. And no, I'm not a threat, I was just passing through when I ran into those cubs. Staying here was a sort of spur-of-the-moment idea."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kenyi not having eaten anything heard the suprise roar and watched as Simba stood in front of the cub protectively. Soon, he came and padded up to the new lion as Kryken closely followed behind his curious father.

"Welcome to the pridelands Zeal," He greeted and bowed slowly "It's always nice to see someone else new here." Kenyi said.

"Not to be rude or anything, but may I ask where you are from?" inquired Kryken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Well, I was planning on helping the new pridelander out, maybe show him around the place. You don't need to worry about me Simba, I've survived many days without food and water." Kenyi laughed and nuzzles Simba back "Well, I could show both Zeal and Aysha around unless you would like to show Aysha around yourself?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm not really from anywhere in particular, I've hunted and lived alone since my mother died. I've always been a rogue..." Zeal answered to Kryken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "What about yourself? Don't you need to eat as well Simba?" asked Kenyi.

Aysha noticed the group of lions chatting near the enterance of the cavern. She padded up slowly to the group and smiled making her way to the newcomer "Hello there." she greeted the new pridelander with a soft tone, "What's going on?"

----
    "I'm sorry to hear that Zeal..." Kryken frowned "I know how you feel...I was a cub orphan when my parents died long ago too...until I met Kenyi who he adopted me..." he lowered his ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My mother was a kind lioness, although she had been exiled from her pride. I never did find out why... I never knew my father, he died before I was born, I only know that my mother loved him very much."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kryken looks at the dry ground as a small tear runs down his muzzle, having to remember his parents and what happened to them "I...know what you mean Zeal..." Kryken wiped his tears with a paw and looked back up "Well...over here you'll be given the greatest of comforts and don't you worry." Kryken nods padding from the scene quickly.

"I'm...so sorry to hear that Zeal..." Aysha frowns, lowering her ears as well. "I hope...that you do find some comfort here Zeal and if you need anyone here to talk to, I'm here for you." Aysha padded up to Zeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zeal was quite surprised at all the kindness he was shown in so short a time. He again found himself wondering about what could make his mother leave pride life... if it was as good as this. He had always suspected it had something to do with his father... maybe it was a taboo for a lioness and a leopard to become mates.

He sighed, I guess I'll never know for sure, he thought. He smiled at the others, finding a degree of happiness in a place he never thought he'd find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zeal noticed Kryken's tears as well, and though he had long since gotten over his sadness, it was obvious Kryken had not.

"I feel your pain..." He said simply, brushing Kryken slightly with his paw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    " Dad? What happen?" said Klowd worried about his father nuzzling him.