Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Car

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

New Car

These past few weeks I have been so excited to look out in my driveway and see my car sitting there.
    It's my dream car right now, and I got her at a wonderful price.

It's a 2008 Cadillac CTS 4 All Wheel Drive with a 3.6Litre V6 with Direct Injection (304HP).
    It's a beast! It also has a premium package custom installed in from previous owner (one owner, no accidents, low mileage).
    Driving in it is a dream; it's silent, graceful, agile and the extra horsepower gives it the torque and high end capabilities that make it's weight and mass irrelevant in the end.

It came with a double moon roof, custom interior lighting, Bose audio sound (10 speakers), all leather interior, custom wood finish - I noticed with the HID lights they are motion directed and move themselves when driving, and has parking assist.

The AWD was custom added and this is the first vehicle I've had with AWD. It's the ideal set up.

My plan with her is to drop at least $1000 into her performance, with cool air intakes, injections, chipset and exhaust system to gain about 125 horsepower, so she should be at 425HP in a few months.

I'll then work on the body with tinting, trim, rims, body kit etc.
    I'll post progress here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Utora, she's a beaut! Sounds like a great project and here I was excited last year about my 4th owner 2003 ford focus looking forward to progress pics!

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Well each car is an exciting thing no matter what kind of car it is.
    My first car was a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier, the Z24 model...it was nice and I loved it.
    After that I had a brand new (leased) 2012 Nissan Sentra. She was nice too, and sure ...there's nothing like a new car..except leases are horrible contracts I think, so I won't do that again.

After that I had an 2006? Audi A6 Quattro with Twin Turbo...I was ruined after that. No car felt as great as her. I even had, briefly, a Merceds ML 430? (forget which year, but older for sure) - I enjoyed this car, it was very powerful SUV..but it was just not like that Audi.

Audi's are a blend of sport and luxury. Many of my friends go for BMWs..but I'm not fond of them much, and maintenance on them? A bit much. They're more sport in the end I think.
    Once you go to that level, things like Cavalier and Nissan Sentra make you restless.

So enjoy what you have before you taste something else!

To be honest, I prefer older Cadillac. Also, my model is very similar to the feel of that Audi A6 - large, heavy, luxury, and sport. Handels wonderfully, and very similarly. But newer Cadillac's design....

I find them actually, bland. I like how Cadillac stands out, very geometric design and they kept tailights like old 60's Cadillacs with big fenders. Cadillac is owned by GM, and now new ones really look like GM. I think they've merged them because things like GMC Denali and Cadillac Escalade were internal competitors and didn't do them favors in the industry..so they've made this mess with the new Cadillac SUVs.

They also went away with the wreath logo for Cadillacs. New design also looks overly common / modern and unfavorable for me.

But this guy..

Looks kinda cool.

ANYWAYS I ramble.
    I just enjoy cars. For others, it's no matter..and no I don't think a car defines a person. I just like to drive something that has got that power and that comfortability.
    To have my dream car at 24 only? A lot of excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Utora, Maybe you could to this on your car. http://www.boredpanda.com/car-art-sharpie-pen-drawing/
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group