I was browsing through The Water Hole section when I thought to myself "Where are the fanfics?!"

I know fanfiction isn't for everyone, but I hope you'll enjoy mine called Kiburi Baadaye, meaning The Future Pride. I have also got a plan for a Role Play based on the ending of this fanfiction, but I think I'll wait for a little while before I start that up.

I would just like you to note that I am not the best writer in the world and I believe in readers using their imaginations. I am also posting each chapter separately due to the fact my fanfic is quite long...

The characters either belong to me or to Disney.

Please enjoy!

TLK 4 – Kiburi Baadaye (The Future Pride)

Prologue
Everyone rejoiced at the joining of Kiara and Kovu. It was a wonderful occasion, with the Outlanders finally having a loving and caring family to protect them. Kiara and Kovu kept getting congratulated by everyone, but soon they decided that enough was enough. They were exhausted and needed some rest.
It was only as they lay down in the cave did they realise they hadn’t seen Vitani anywhere. Kovu leapt up and began searching for her.
Very soon, he found her, just sitting on the edge of Pride Rock, gazing into the distance. She had a glazed look as if her thoughts were somewhere else. He noticed tears steaks down her face.
“Vitani…” Kovu called gently. “Are you alright?”
Vitani started at the sudden noise, but calmed when she noticed Kovu. She took a deep breath and opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead, she let out a whole flood of tears and ran towards her brother.
“Kovu, I can’t stop thinking about mother.” She whispered.
Kovu put a kindly paw on Vitani’s and nuzzled her face.
“It’s okay Vitani, she’s in a happier place now. She’s found Scar and will now be watching over us as we continue our lives. We will never forget her Vitani.”
Vitani looked up into Kovu’s bright green eyes and nodded. She closed her eyes and fell into his shoulder, trying to stop the tears coming down her cheeks.
Kovu was heartbroken – he had never seen his sister like this. It wasn’t like her, but he guessed that was just a façade when mother was around. He supposed he liked this side of Vitani. It made her more thoughtful rather than just some vicious fighting machine.
“Come on, let’s get some rest.” He whispered into her ear.
“I’ll come in later, Kovu. I just want to spend a bit longer out here alone.”
Vitani felt Kovu leave next to her. She was alone once again. She didn’t want to tell Kovu the real reason for her tears. Although she was crying over Zira’s death, Vitani wanted her long lost love Kopa. She had seen Kovu join with his childhood love, yet hers was dead. Zira had told her that. Just thinking of his beautiful eyes and his cute hairtuft made her cry harder.
“Vitani?” Came a quiet voice. “Please don’t cry!”
Vitani’s ears pricked up. She recognised that voice. Her face lifted and she turned around quickly. In the shadows was a male lion, strong and well-built with a magnificent mane.
“Kopa? Is it really you?”
The shadow moved and ran towards her. It was Kopa! Vitani ran towards him too and they jumped up and hugged each other. Vitani began crying again, but this time with happiness. They sat down and Kopa licked the tears off her cheeks.
“Don’t cry. I’m home.”
The two of them snuggled up tightly and fell asleep under the stars.