Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Your favorite Lea moments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your favorite Lea moments

It's obvious from the fact that we're still here after two site shutdowns that we all really care about Lea. I think this forum is incredibly special; it's spawned quite a few relationships () and even more friendships. Some of our lives would be quite drastically different if we'd never signed up...
    So, what are your favorite memories concerning LH? Could from IRL meetups, chats, or whatever. Just ~share the love~, 'cos we need it right now.
    What brought this on, besides the obvious: I came across this sig KS (I believe it was KS... xD) made me in an old Photobucket account and it made me incredibly nostalgic for some reason.

Originally posted by Sombolia on Feral's Lea Halalela Temporary site April 16, 2011 at 2:45 AM
    Last edited by Kirauni; September 15th, 2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Date corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, that signature was definitely made by me. Oh, back in the days where I used to be "Lea's resident banner monkey"... xD

Well, for me, no matter how many shut-downs Lea has, I will always stick around. A shut-down of a site shouldn't make people so distant. It just shows how much we care too because we (well Feral created it, hehe) created a temporary site to still be able to talk to each other. I've been through two Lea deaths now (to put it that way =P) and even though Lea wasn't as active as it once used to be once we reopened again, it still had the same wonderful people that really cared about Lea ever since it was created, and even brought in some new ones too. One of which is my boyfriend now... (I love you, Leor <3) And not only that, but I've met so many friends here too. The meetings have definitely been my favourite part, my favourite one being when Leor and I met, of course. I will always remember that moment for the rest of my life.

But any meet-up has been a real good memory for me, and will surely stay with me for a very long time. I will never forget Lea. In fact I don't think I ever want to leave. This place is really awesome. Thank you everyone and thank you Lea for having a special place in my heart.

*End of mushy post* xD

Originally posted by King Simba on Feral's Lea Halalela Temporary site April 16, 2011 at 3:50 AM
    Last edited by Kirauni; September 15th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you and Lucy were the banner goons. XD You were good at it too!

I'm really sad I haven't been able to meet anyone yet. :C Mostly because my mom would freak out if I said I wanted to meet "people from the internet", even though I've known you guys for years XD Hopefully in a couple of years I'll be able to see some of you guys, like at our WDW meeting.

--

Originally posted by Sombolia on Feral's Lea Halalela Temporary site April 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    Last edited by Kirauni; September 15th, 2014 at 10:05 AM.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You may easily say that I wouldn't be where I'm at if I never joined Lea. And sense I been around from the first month of Lea I have incredibly hard time pinpointing the best or most valuable time I have had on Lea.
    By far the biggest thing it changed is the relationship I and Audra have had for 6 years and happily married for last 4 months of those years. But that is not only thing that Lea has brought me. I have had an honor of meeting well over 20 people from this amazing board, even if some people are not active anymore. No matter has it been a meeting at Disneypark or just at somebodies home. In a group or with single member, those all hold some significant memories that I would have never experienced without joining.
    Also group chats with people on Yahoo messenger or MSN were fun times, even thought during the second lea I was not active or involved much so I don't know if there was many of those then, I pretty much always tried to be part of them. I used to be pretty shy person and avoided situations where I had to meet new people. Which you would have hard time believing if you met me today. Meeting as many people as I have and being part of the community for so long has dirasticly boost my self esteam and made me stronger as a person. So thank for that for everyone on Lea.

Lea Halalela is not a forum. It's a life style! XD

Originally posted by Simba The Mighty on Feral's Lea Halalela Temporary site April 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly just want to say I'm a little saddened to see that the forum has gone down once again, most things like that would kill a community outright on the first port of call, amazingly even after two deaths we're still back and kicking with this temporary third forum. I think that says alot for the community of people that we do have, a real credit for sure.

I know for the past few years now I have sadly not been as active as I was in the past, many things in my life have become too much of a priority now that I can't have the fun with you all that I used to have in the past, something I very much miss if I'm going to be honest.

The moments of Lea that I would consider my fravorites? That is quite an awkward one to try and point out, I agree with STM and KS in many things that I also agree would be more of the memorable moments of my life on Lea Halalela thus far such as the London meetings, the Finland trip and the Coventry trip. A few years back I finally lived up to my promise to see my best friend and the one I hold close to my heart FCSimba in Alaska and recently Montana, this would of never of happened without Lea.

I agree and in a way can relate to STM when he said he wasn't always the way he was, I too was very shy at the start and liked to avoid anything new or different, in the past I never could see myself traveling as far as I have, or see the people I have had the pleasure to be around. But I have, because people like you have changed me...sometimes for better, maybe sometimes for the worst

Even if I'm not around much these days I hope people don't think I no longer care, that I have forgotten you all. I haven't, just life in general and growing up means I can't be around much these days. It's a little sad I can't be around to see Lea florish and grow, but coming back to see the changes sometimes makes me smile non the less when I do manage it to pop on.

Much love, and hopefully to many more years to come,

LKS aka Twilight

Originally posted by Lion King Stu on Feral's Lea Halalela Temporary site April 17, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]