Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Lea Art Secret Santa - Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wheee! This will be so fun

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay! And perfect timing too since when the weather's bad, all I can find myself wanting to do is stay indoors and draw.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't wait to get started!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Woot!! this will be good

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this sounds pretty fun, would be a perfect opportunity to draw lions again.
    It's too late to get in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm afraid it is late, unfortunately, since the names have already been drawn. But feel free to share your art in the main Fanart thread, or maybe you could try the Sketch-a Character-Thread as well

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a heads-up, pics are due next week (in case you live in a cave and aren't aware that it's almost Christmas)
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It says in the rules that you can post from 20th of December. Should I post now even though it may not be 20th in other parts of the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure thing, I would go for it I know that Christmas can get busy with family visits etc which I why I made the upload date from the 20th in case people were away or unable to get online over Christmas itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay! Then I shall begin this years Secret Santa present giving!

I had Leorgathar and I chose to draw Coatl!
    leass.png
    (Click on it for the full size)

I tried to go for a realistic style and background, so that's why there are leaf shadows on his back.

I hope you like it!

Merry Christmas to you and to all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa! Thank you SO much, lionobsession! he looks pretty cool in that style, and the leaf shadows on him was a nice touch ^^ Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to you too

I have yet to finish mine, but I'm pretty sure I'll have it ready on time ^^

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That looks awesome! The shadow effect is amazing!

Ok, me next I'm actually surprised that I finished on time, given that I started late, and then had troubles with my hand since it's been so long since I've done any art. As a side note of personal frustration, I sketched the character before looking at the references again, then after looking at the refs realised that the pose in one was almost identical, but I loved the sketch so much that I couldn't bring myself to not use it, so I apologise in advance that it's a little similar.

Without further rambling, I got Kanu and decided to draw her German Shepherd character, Girl. Much fun First traditional piece I've done in a very long time too. I'm frustrated that the scan brings out no detail in the whites (because yes I did shade those too) but what can you do. Merry Christmas and I hope you like it

Kanu-Girl-LeaSS-2014sm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow,beautiful picture LO!I like the mystic feeling of the jungle that the whole picture has.Also,amazing job on Kanu's character,Azerane!It does seem indeed that the scan deprives the picture of the vibrance and detail that it should have in real life...It hapens to me too and even when I try to adjust the picture it ends up looking even worse >_<

Soooo...my Secret Santa was King Simba.It was very hard to decide which one to draw,because I find all the designs really pretty,especially Namabi and Jaini,so I drew three of them(Namabi,Jaini and Katai).:P

SSKingSimbaFinal.jpg

It was lots of fun to draw,I hope you can like it!A very merry Christmas to you and to everyone else as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, thanks Kossu! All three of my favourite characters together. They all look so great. I like the use of colours you used too. Thank you very much and have a very Merry Christmas!

I had... *drum roll* Azerane! I decided to draw Razzle and Bandit in the end. Hope you like it, and Merry Christmas to you.

AzeraneSS2.jpg

Not sure if I like how this one turned out. I was going through a bit of an art block...

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa! Everyone's drawings are amazing! I really like how this Secret Santa is shaping up ^^ I'll comment on each and every drawing on DeviantArt or TLKFAA

Aw for my drawing... ugh, I don't have good news, I'm afraid. I'm almost done with it, I only have to shade it and it'll be ready, I was going to do that today actually, but I turned my laptop on this morning and now the screen doesn't work I think it has a bad contact somewhere, but I couldn't fix it. I haven't uploaded the drawing file anywhere else, and I can't have it fixed these days because businesses will be closed for holidays ><

I don't like being late in a Secret Santa, but if I don't get it fixed soon that will have to be the case I'm sorry in advance. I'll work on it as soon as I have my laptop working again

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's awesome KS, Bandit is so cute I just love it! Thank you

Kossu, amazing pic, all the characters look great.

I don't believe you Leor Don't fret though, I don't think any of us are going to hate you because of computer trouble.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fweeee <3 Girl looks really wonderful, Azzy - thank you so much I don't mind that the pose is similar to one of my own drawings of her, hehe, it looks great anyway ^^

Everyone else's drawings are so pretty too! I love checking this thread <3

My drawing is for... Kossu! And I drew your character named... Kossu I had a blast working on it and I hope you like it! (Apologies if the colours look a little too funky. I'm messing around on an unfamiliar monitor, so if I see that it looks really strange once I switch back to my normal setup I'll fix it for you xD)

Merry Christmas!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow Kanu, that drawing of Kossu looks so gorgeous I like the snow and lighting effects especially. I too love checking this thread, everyone is doing such a great work ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    I don't believe you Leor Don't fret though, I don't think any of us are going to hate you because of computer trouble.
    Well, I'll leave that to your own interpretation But I'm using an iPad at the moment, so there's that
    There's actually a way I could show you the sketch of my drawing at least, but I think that'll wait until tomorrow, since it won't be me uploading it, you'll see what I mean

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woah, that looks really cool Kanu. I love seeing everyone's pics So glad you liked the pic of Girl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am awed by the wonderful drawing of Kossu.The pose,the background,the snowy details...Thank you SO much Kanu!

Kossu is the first lion character I ever created so he's very special to me.Don't worry about the colors,I think that they are very fitting with the snowy environment.It's darker so it only makes sense that his colors look different.I don't think you need to change anything. Have a very very wonderful Christmas and rest holiday!

KS,I'm truly happy that you like the drawing.I was worried it might look a little...overcrowded.Nice work with your drawing too.Bandit and Razzle look lovely.

I'm amazed by the beautiful drawings that everyone has uploaded this far.I can't wait to see the rest!