Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2014 Lea Art Secret Santa - Merry Christmas!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    My guess is that the new rules are there to make it a little more fair for everyone. (They're getting quite similar to Timitu's Lilymud Secret Santa now, actually :P) With full body drawings + backgrounds being a requirement, you'll know what you get, so to speak. I've been disappointed in the past when I've poured my heart and soul into a full colour piece for a Secret Santa only to receive an unshaded headshot drawing in return, so I reckon that rule is there to prevent that kind of thing from happening, which I think is a good thing
    I understand completely where you're coming from...
    ...and while I understand how it could be perceived as being a lesser quality/effort work, I also feel it's a little unfair to assume that just because someone did not draw a full-bodied and/or shaded piece, that somehow means that they did not put just as much heart and soul into it. Unfortunately, unless you're looking over that artist's shoulder and/or can somehow hack into their creative process, there's no way to know or measure that kind of thing...so the best you can go on is visual results.

Of course, there have been times when I've spent days working on a piece for someone, and then all I get is a stick figure in return, so I get where you're coming from.
    No, seriously...someone once submitted a stick figure to a Secret Santa.
    At the time, it annoyed me. Now, it makes me laugh.

Actually, now that I re-read the Secret Santa rules, in theory a stick figure could be submitted and still meet the requirements.
    It really is all about perception, I suppose.

But, I have babbled long enough, nor do I wish to cause a fuss or lead this thread off-topic.
    I'll just wait for another Secret Santa that is better suited for my overly capricious Muses.

*exit, stage left *
    Last edited by Dare; August 17th, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.