Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2014 (Real Gift Exchange)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think we should just reveal who gave us our gift when we say what kind of gifts we received, because for one, Kirauni already did it. And two, well for example, if Petteri showed what gift he got, it would give it away who gave it to him. Honestly I don't think it ruins anything to reveal who gave you the gift. There is still four people including me who hasn't received their gift yet, and I don't think it would ruin anything for me, or them either.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    In that case just make it "Christmas in July" then next year every year everything turned out just fine.
    The case here is not how early the secret Santa is planned and the names drawn... the case is the most early we ship, better.

I suggest in the next Ss, deadlines must be adopted, like setting a day, like 15 of November as last day to ship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's unrealistic. Things happen. For me, I have to wait until the post office goes into holiday mode to ship because of my work hours. My local post office isn't open on the weekends, and I'd have to drive clear across town to get to one that is, and it closes at noon. I'm sorry but that's not happening. It's always worked out and everyone's received a gift in the past, so I don't see what the big fuss is.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not sure what the fuss is about, even you Thiago have always got your gifts, and you're not even in it this year.

Who goes Christmas shopping before November 15th? I don't. But then again, I'm a last minute kind of person

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
    The case here is not how early the secret Santa is planned and the names drawn... the case is the most early we ship, better.

I suggest in the next Ss, deadlines must be adopted, like setting a day, like 15 of November as last day to ship.

I don't think this is really necessary. My SS emailed me anonymously though the SS website and told me she shipped my gift in October, and it still haven't arrived. So she mailed it very early, but still it didn't work out like she hoped. I hope it doesn't get lost in the mail, but we talked about it, we're going to wait until the end of January to see if it will arrive by then.

And I have never shipped my gift that early. It really depends on the location of where I am shipping it to. For example, if I am shipping it to a country in Europe, or Australia, I will ship by the end of November. It has always gotten there in time. If I drew someone who lives in the same country as me, I'll ship it even later. If I drew someone who lived in Mexico or Brazil, then yeah, I think I would plan to ship in October, just because I know it can take a very long time for mail to get to those countries. But I think that would be the only exception for me to want to ship that early. But so far, all my gifts I've sent in SS made it in time. Even this year I shipped it later then I normally do because of being so busy, going up to Oregon for Thanksgiving break, and so much homework with my class. I really had to wait until my class and finals were over to ship it.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    People, i think I said I was giving a "suggestion", if you didn't liked it, to me it's OK, there is no need to overreact what I said.

Btw, I don't see any fuss about it (if there is any, I'm sure it's not me who are provoking it).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think anyone is overreacting. Just explaining how it is.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see any over reaction on anything, it just depend on the people, if you like to send something before mid November or even before November you can do it early. For me and my opinion that we could just go for a expensive shipping so it would be guaranteed that our shipment are going to arrived 100%.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ever shipped something like that from the US?
    Well ... I did. Costed me 50 $ to get my own stuff back to my house in Belgium.

I started this years ago to get something fun/nice ... not to have people spending a smashing amount of money, and especially on shipping.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah shipping is always ridiculous.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kirauni, I'm so glad you liked it! I haven't gotten mine yet but I don't mind I'm fine with getting things late - I know people try and I know every postal service is different, I just love doing the exchange every year!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I received my gift today. It's pretty awesome.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I arrived home today and my gift was waiting for me - I love it! it was even packaged with TLK wrapping and tags I won't name who my SS was, but thank you so much!! I got a beautiful keychain and a Simba ornament

IMG_0667.jpg

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So with only me and Safila left waiting for their gift, I personally don't mind if people also reveal who gave them their gift. But we should wait to see how Safila feels about that too.

I just hope my package didn't get lost in the mail.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm cool with that, go for it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just letting my SS know my gift arrived today! I will post a picture tomorrow!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine arrived with the postman yesterday as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok here is my gift, from Kirauni!

A TLK mug, and lots of yummy chocolate! Also pictured is a card she sent along with it. I collect TLK Mugs, so it's a perfect gift! And chocolate too! I love chocolate, and especially trying chocolate from other countries. European countries seem to have the best chocolate. She did have it nicely wrapped with clear cellophane with a gold bow on top, but I took it out of that for the picture because a couple of a the chocolates broke and there were broken pieces of chocolate on the bottom. (Although, I still ate the crumbs ) But I am very glad the mug was safe and wasn't broken, the box it came in looked a little beaten up. I have a guess why that package might have taken a while to get here, my address number on the box said 226, when it's actually 266. But in the end I'm glad it got here safe and sound. Thank you so much Kirauni! I'm drinking coffee out of this mug now!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm so relieved that it has finally arrived! And I'm glad you like the mug and that you got it in one piece.
    I don't know what happend to the address number... that's really stange, because I thought I used "copy & paste" but that's not possible, because you gave me the right number. Hmm... ah well, I'm glad it did arrive though. Sorry for the mess and thank you for your patience!
    I have to be a lot more careful in the future.

So it was a good thing I've sent it around September/October afterall. But it was hard to find any Christmas Chocolate in the stores at that time. :P

So... Is Safila the only one who hasn't gotten her present yet?

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Safila did say she received her's as well. So everyone has gotten their gift! Not everyone has mentioned what it was though.
    My Lion King Fan-Art