Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feline breeding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    It doesn't matter if the lioness allowed it. The zookeepers sedate the lioness, I saw a picture of it on that hybrid site.
    Just cause she's on her side, doesn't mean she's sedated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    that true she could be tired or just lazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    There are already "blue" cats existing. Russian blues, to be exact.
    I don't get why they call those cats blue - i mean they are a bluey-grey colour, but much more grey than anything else...or maybe i'm just colourblind

But anyway, i think what Simba_TLK meant was that they could make a cat actually blue...like really blue I can't really see why it isn't possible, theoretically at least. Provided they could isolate a gene for a blue pigment, and successfully recombine it with the DNA in a fertilised cat egg cell, then that cat would produce the enzyme for blue pigment...and you'd have a 'real' blue cat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mabatu

But anyway, i think what Simba_TLK meant was that they could make a cat actually blue...like really blue I can't really see why it isn't possible, theoretically at least. Provided they could isolate a gene for a blue pigment, and successfully recombine it with the DNA in a fertilised cat egg cell, then that cat would produce the enzyme for blue pigment...and you'd have a 'real' blue cat
    like me *points to avatar*

blue cats will take over! mwhaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But lions live in Asia as well as Tigers.

Originally posted by starlioness
    Tigers don't live in Africa either.. Ligers and such are mainly through captivity ..

here's a question.. can Red Foxes and Dogs (their size) interbreed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Yeah, but I don't think that she'd allow for a leopard to mate her. It's hard enough getting some lions to. Besides, in those pictures she looks totally unresponsive. The only movement I see in that is her head, and she only looks slightly up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Yeah, but I don't think that she'd allow for a leopard to mate her. It's hard enough getting some lions to. Besides, in those pictures she looks totally unresponsive. The only movement I see in that is her head, and she only looks slightly up.
    Yeah, i'd agree with Xinithian on that, it seems unlikely that a fully alert lioness would lie on her side like that. It'd make more sense if the zookeepers did sedate her anyway - why would they risk the leopard getting injured by her, when they could just sedate her a bit to prevent that.

Also the fact that she barely changes position in all those photos would suggest she's sedated.

I don't really know why i'm commenting on this, i'm certainly no expert .