Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Lion Guard theme available, more on the way

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool New Lion Guard theme available, more on the way

New theme

Everyone should be able to use the new theme inspired by the upcoming TV movie and series, The Lion Guard. Of course, we don't know a ton about the series at this point but I thought it would be interesting to create a new theme with a bit more modern aesthetic.

The most noticeable changes from the pre-existing themes are:
    - A more varied color palette that is a bit brighter and hopefully easier on the eyes.
    - Larger overall font size. New typeface for the base font (was Arial, now Lato). Headers are now a different font (Handlee). My intention was to add a bit more character, as well as readability, especially on larger screens.
    - Some space utilization optimizations e.g. reduced margins and more padding in post and thread lists, bigger smilies in the editor, and a wider userinfo column in the postbit.

Known issues:
    - I still need to update a few icons for threadlist view. vBulletin seems to like using several variant files for the same icon, and I'm missing some.
    - The threadlist page (thread display) has a bit of extra space if you scroll right. This isn't particularly a problem except when the page is scrolled or pinched on a mobile device or touchscreen monitor.
    - The multiquote button has an artifact that I'd like to get rid of. (I think it's an actual button container with no contents, but I haven't yet located the appropriate code.) I'll probably have to widen the icon as well since it overlaps the checkmark somewhat when you click on it.

As a reminder, you can select the new theme ("The Lion Guard") via the drop-down menu on the bottom left of the page.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    - Is it an improvement on the old themes (not just in terms of the color scheme, but also readability and usability)? If not, is there anything that can be done better?
    - Are there any issues that I haven't mentioned? If you find some sort of bug or strange behavior, it would be helpful to know about it. Please include what browser you're using, whether you're accessing the site from a computer (desktop, laptop, netbook) or a mobile device (phone, tablet), and the screen resolution, if known.

More to come

After I showed the theme to the admins and mods it was suggested we should have made something for the 20th anniversary. I'm planning on implementing this, but basing it on the overall design of this theme -- possibly a revamp of the Lea Halalela default theme. Does anybody have any thoughts on how they'd like that to play out?

I suppose you could say this is an attempt to revitalize the site a bit. Obviously, just changing the look of things isn't going to bring old members back or entice very many new members to join, so if you know anyone who's no longer around, it'd be great if you could let them know we're still around. I know there's plenty of people I'd love to hear from again.
    Last edited by Vidan; July 24th, 2014 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent, I thought the place was hacked again.

Thanks Vidan, I hope that we could get the old theme ideas that we discussed like 9 or 8 years ago.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to give you and your widescreen monitors a complex, Guntur. The Lea Halalela theme has been restored as default so as to avoid .

It's possible we can revisit some old ideas, but I don't recall offhand what was discussed. Could you point me to the thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't find it in the archives forum, The only thing I could remember is the thread made by Simba '04 about suggesting new theme for Lea and one of the idea was Elephant Graveyard Green or Grey. TBH I "consider" my self as "Historian" in this forum but it seems I couldn't track the original thread in the archive section.

Maybe if someone remember about the old thread they could give us ideas and input about making more theme.

(12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wasn't there a grey Elephant Graveyard theme that was made for the contest awhile back? It seemed nice when Sadiki showed it to me the other day. He has screencaps and relevant files on his computer, so it could possibly happen.

EDIT: You might be talking about this thread:
    http://leahalalela.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=themes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nop, that thread was made by Sonique (I believe) in 2007.

I think Simba '04 made the thread around this time (See the link below)

http://leahalalela.net/showthread.ph...ighlight=Theme
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Okay. Thanks for trying to find the thread. In any case, it sounds like there's always been a demand for more grey. We'll add it to the to-do list then.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh lawdy, compared to the theme I usually use, this one is quite bright!
    I like the colors - overall, it's less monochromatic and 'tis a nice change.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    One member reported the theme wasn't rendering properly in Firefox. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. For reference, you should be seeing something like this:

lionguardtheme_screenshot.jpg

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the forum open in both the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.
    Both seem to be rendering fine to me...at least, nothing major is jumping out.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like the effected user's issue resolved itself.

Thanks for testing it out, Dare. Glad you like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's cool that you add a link on Lea's Facebook page, but I think people are more active on the group page as I recall.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is a link to the group page, as far as I know. I'm not actually a member of the group myself, and I believe it's set to private. This was an addition apart from the theme; the tab should appear no matter what theme you use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    That is a link to the group page, as far as I know. I'm not actually a member of the group myself, and I believe it's set to private. This was an addition apart from the theme; the tab should appear no matter what theme you use.
    Strange, when i first clicking that link yesterday it directed me to Lea Halalela fan page, Guess it was part of the glitch or bug that you mention yesterday.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was because it did point to the outdated page. The link was updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great theme. Love it. 100% Sonique approved!

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩