Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm one of the ones who voted illeagle... I'll list my reasons why ... these are simply my opinion... and no, I'm not aganst gays... (as I do have some gay friends...)

Originally posted by Nephilim
    The Bible says homosexuality is wrong.
    this is probably the main reason... there's a passage in it that says a lot about it...
    *also not wanting this to turn into a religious debate*

Another point about the subject:

Like neph said: 'The purpose of a marrage is to reproduce.' In doing so it transforms the marrage into a family. Now, if gay marrage were to take place, then it'd cause a huge break in the 'family'. I know it's not only gays that this would be... but also the many devorces... the many cases of husbands cheating on their wives and wives cheating on their husbands and even the sperm banks (yes, those too help break 'family')

why is this so significant:

the family is the cornerstone of every country.
    If the cornerstone crumbles then the building colapses.
    In the same sence if the 'family' crumbles, the country (no matter how strong) will colapse.

now, again I say, these are only my views... some may share them some may not... it doesn't matter to me...
    lets not cause an inferno ok?

Originally posted by Nephilim
    [u]then why can't people marry animals?
    I won't say when or where this happened... let's just say: 'it involved humans and monkies. When this happened, AIDS was created...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Should be legal I have nothing against it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I won't say when or where this happened... let's just say: 'it involved humans and monkies. When this happened, AIDS was created... [/B]
    You do know that's completely untrue, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    accually it did happen... though, it's a hidden fact... they want everyone to belive it's untrue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    perhaps they are I'm not sure as I wasn't there... (wouldn't be the first time either)... but I've got the info from a reliable sourse... though.. he HAS played tricks on me in the past... so I'm unsure...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    'The purpose of a marrage is to reproduce.' In doing so it transforms the marrage into a family. Now, if gay marrage were to take place, then it'd cause a huge break in the 'family'. I know it's not only gays that this would be... but also the many devorces... the many cases of husbands cheating on their wives and wives cheating on their husbands and even the sperm banks (yes, those too help break 'family')

why is this so significant:

the family is the cornerstone of every country.
    If the cornerstone crumbles then the building colapses.
    In the same sence if the 'family' crumbles, the country (no matter how strong) will colapse.

now, again I say, these are only my views... some may share them some may not... it doesn't matter to me...
    lets not cause an inferno ok?
    Unmarried couples can have childen. If marriage and children were inseperable, what you'd be saying would be true. The United States has one of the highest divorce rates in the world; by your reasoning, divorced male-female couples would be the cause of this collapse, not male-male or female-female couples who may be stable and are able, between the two of them, support the raising of one or more children gotten through such means as adoption or invitro fertilization & surrogate mothers.

Gay couples, if afforded the same healthcare and legal benefits as straight (or, more accurately, male-female) couples, could potentially be just as likely to stay together. There is no evidence to suggest that they would be less likely to stay together save for the observation that they are not able to enjoy the stability-building benefits afforded by marriage, which, I think gives weight to a pro-gay marriage stance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i say yes, whatever floats your boat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not afraid to say I voted illegal. I don't mind that people are gay, but when they start to go as far as marriage, I have to put my foot down somewhere. I am obviously very influenced by my religion (read this http://www.lds.org/library/display/0...1-11-1,00.html) Genders were obviously made for a reason. If some people say they are born gay/lesbian, why is it not possible to create children with our same gender? I don't see how you can be born gay, but I don't see how you can choose it either. I guess I don't have very good arguments backing my opinion (like the rest of you do) but I have something in me that is telling me that gay marriage is wrong. I must impress that I don't have a problem with gays, if I don't I fear I will sound like someone who can't tolerate others opinions. I respect you all for you opinions, unfourtunately, I don't share the same with all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im not saying i disagree with you, but those of you who said that you cant make it legal is because the bible says its wrong...you cant use the bible as a basis for whether or not something should be a law. church and state are two different things. who's to say that one religion has legal right over another? you just cant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem with the separation of church and state is that it's nearly impossible since both are so simular.....used for control and have simular set ups.

Now, people are usually gay by genetics....I guess it's simular to people who develop sexual organs from both sexes....it has to do with hormones and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    The problem with the separation of church and state is that it's nearly impossible since both are so simular.....used for control and have simular set ups.
    I disagree with that... when they say that the country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, they meant that it was the foundation, but was intended to be modified to future events in the country. It doesn't mean that the country was founded to be based on the religion, but to use it as a foundation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with you xinithian. in the usa there are so many different religions that are practiced, you cant let ONE of them intermingle with the government and the making of laws. that makes it unfair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, its a free country, people should have the right to choose what to do with there lives, if you wanna marry the same sex, whatever, good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    I disagree with that... when they say that the country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, they meant that it was the foundation, but was intended to be modified to future events in the country. It doesn't mean that the country was founded to be based on the religion, but to use it as a foundation.
    I agree...but what I was saying is that religion can be very hard to remove from government because religion is almost a form of government in itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and what if your not religous? would it still apply?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TakaTiger
    and what if your not religous? would it still apply?
    Will what still be applied?

If you are refering to religion's tendancy to be an influence in government, it has been common through out history and is still very common today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woes of Folly, said it BEST! XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion Roar
    I think it should be legal BUT no with the same rights as a normal marriage (for example, that they can't adopt any child)

I seriously don't understand your reasoning here... I once had a friend whose adopted parents were a gay couple. She was as stable a girl as any I've ever seen. She even made gay jokes and laughed at the Bird Cage and such. It didn't affect her at all. Why should gay couples not be allowed to adopt a child? Why should anyone not have the same rights as someone else?

*watches some government monkey cut out "All Men Are Created Equal" and replace it with "All Men Are Created Equal, but All Straight, White, Rich Males are Created More Equal"*

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The way I see it, if a gay couple wants to adopt a child, let them. If they'd be able parents and provide food, shelter, stability, love and nurturing for the child, then why not?

I'd rather have a child raised by a gay couple than be tossed to the winds of the foster care system. I still get nightmares from the stories my social work friends told me.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing wrong about them adopting is that I think it could be difficult for the kids dealing with the criticism and such... it might be a lot harder for them to deal with it socially.