Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Inserts a brain into Jannali's head*
    Btw, I have nothing against the whole gay marriage thing, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jannali
    AAHH Nafklt! now look what you've done! ive got that "if i only had a brain" song stuck in my head from the wizard of oz *dies*
    "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz! *taps heels*..." :P

Originally posted by Kovu
    Well it can be legal. Nothing wrong for people to be with whom they like. But hopefully it doesn't encourage being gay, or the birth rate will fall.
    Good point...XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nafklt
    "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz! *taps heels*..." :P
    Oh, geez LoL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kenyi
    Oh, geez LoL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But hopefully it doesn't encourage being gay, or the birth rate will fall.
    I fully support being gay......it means more girls for me.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they should be legal. Nothing really wrong if someone wants a gay marriage. It's their choice.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have nothing against gay marriages.

Well it can be legal. Nothing wrong for people to be with whom they like. But hopefully it doesn't encourage being gay, or the birth rate will fall.
    Encourage being gay? I don't think people choose to be gay, I think that they are born that way. Why would somebody choose to be gay? Homosexuals have a hard time being excepted, who whould choose to be gay if they had a choice? Doesn't that make sense?

Homosexuals should get the same rights a regular married couple has. For example, if a gay couple is at a hospital, and one of them is dying, the other man/women of the couple can't be in the same room because he/she isn't a spouse.

I am straight, but my mom has told me over the years what she has thought about this, and I agree. My dad thinks people choose to be gay, but I think he is wrong.

Besides, some gay guys are really funny. Has anyone ever seen the movie, The Bird Cage? OMG that has to be one of the funniest movies ever...

Originally posted by lion_roog
    I fully support being gay......it means more girls for me.......
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mean if we let Gay marriage happen....where will it stop?....will multiple partner marriages happen next....just think about it....three guys getting married...four guys and two girls......four girls and a guy-DAMN I CAN'T WAIT........

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Should be legal.

If a man and a woman who love each other can marry, then why can't a man and a man (or woman and woman) who love each other marry.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    Should be legal.

If a man and a woman who love each other can marry, then why can't a man and a man (or woman and woman) who love each other marry.

I totally agree!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I don't think people choose to be gay, I think that they are born that way.
    Indeed! 'Tis their Nature. People's sexual preference should be left alone, to their privacy and not be persecuted by others. But, like the domineering society we are. Fairness will not have a justification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i say Ligel 100% love as love no mather its gay lesbien our anything 100 % ok for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it should be legal BUT no with the same rights as a normal marriage (for example, that they can't adopt any child)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it should be legal, ofcourse people who voted Illeagal obviously ahve their reasons and if they did post saying they voted that they shouldnt be shouted at! I mean it may not be your view but its theirs, plus someones religion could be insulted in the process, il use christianity as an example, I mean that sais that being Gay is a Sin...I could go on :P

Could I bring natural law into this? would be much fun and leave it open for more debate... woop^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion Roar
    I think it should be legal BUT no with the same rights as a normal marriage (for example, that they can't adopt any child)
    Ditto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion Roar
    BUT no with the same rights as a normal marriage (for example, that they can't adopt any child)
    Disagrees. Constitutionally speaking, it would be equitable to treat everyone as a whole, and not as a dissident. (some may say, that having an unbalance would bring inequality) And... if it does, it doesn't matter. If the child is happy, what does it matter anyway? Times are continuously changing... so get used to it. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Neph says: yes.

Now this is one of my favourite topics to discuss. I have little time for it though, so let's rush through.

Here are the points I see made most often.

Why gay people shouldn't marry:

The point of marriage is to reproduce...

... as gay people cannot have babies, there is no point in marrying.

Judging by this statement, people who do not want to have babies, infertile couples and old couples should not marry. Many married people do not have children anyway, so this is eliminated.

The Bible says homosexuality is wrong.

Many people don't beleive in God or the Bible, so this can't really be used to back up anti-gay things. *doesn't want to get any further into a religious debate*

If it is right for two men/two women to marry each other, then why can't people marry animals? Or children.

1) Animals can't give consent. 2)It's illegal to marry animals.

Gay people marrying will effect society and turn people gay. For the same resons gay people should not be able to adopt as it will turn the children gay.

Yes. And hanging around with tall people makes you tall, in the same way that hanging around with blondes makes you blonde. It's just part of your DNA, that's all.

Nothing wrong for people to be with whom they like. But hopefully it doesn't encourage being gay, or the birth rate will fall.
    Basically what I said up there. Oh, and by the way... sperm banks. No shortage of those.

We can go more into the whole gay thing later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Neph yes!! Brilliantly put ^^

And it is said that the Highest aim of relationships mainly the sexual part is pro creation, but with Gay people this is obviously not possible. Aquinas, a great Christian ...philosopher I think, said that every thing is created with a purpose and reason, and what they do and what is done is for the greater good, even if it is beyond human reasoning, this can be very reassuring to some people in a way, as say someone was to die, and you don?t know why and you get upset, well you can think about this, but I don believe this, as this is the basic outline of Natural law, but just by reading it you can tell there are going to be faults, like the pro creation thing, that is a teaching of natural law, but if Gay people were created surly it was inevitable and is reaching the greater good if they become gay, as it was "destined" to happen, so this is reaching the greater good? Then surly there is a fault in the pro creation theory of Natural law, so a fault in natural law itself, many of these faults can be found?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I totally agree with everyone actually
    most people have his own thoughts about this kind of topics
    i think it should be legal
    oh well, there is so much i would say about this topic, it's one of those really BIG ones, but i just can't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Holland its legal. It should be legal everywhere!