Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gay marriage?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    I just believe that gay couples should be allowed the same rights that married heterosexual couples have, if they choose to make that commitment. It doesn't have to be a big religious ceremony, as long as they are allowed the chances that many heterosexual couples take for granted, such as joint ownership of a house or mortgage etc.
    I agree with that... That was pretty much my point of the first post I made in this topic a long time ago.

Originally posted by Ravoc
    Firs tthing I told me friends when they told me they were gay/lesbian/bi was that I believe that it was a sin, and I hoped they'd change their mind. (Don't start with me on the whole 'it's not a choice' thing seriously 9_9 )
    Some of you seriously think that gay/lesbian/bi choose to be that way? That doesn't even make sense to me. As I stated a long time ago in this topic, why would people choose to be that way when they have a such hard time being excepted? (I mean of course it's not as bad as it was a long time ago, but still it's not totally accepted, obviously) I don't think homosexuals should force themselves to be with the opposite sex. That would just make them unhappy. That'd be like straight people being forced to be with the same sex. (Try to picture it that way if you are straight and are against the whole thing)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kinda funny how people who say it's a choice aren't homosexual and the people who say it isn't a choice are the actual people experiencing it. Because we all know that some guy at an alter knows more about me than... myself

Do straight people choose to like the opposite sex only? According to that mentality, they could just as easily decide to like the opposite sex. Right.

Yup, I tell ya, I just woke up this one morning and I was like "Ya know, today's a good day to start being bisexual". It's kinda like an roller coaster, I just up and decide every so often to change my sexuality. I also decided to breathe water yesterday and tomorrow I think I'm gonna go flying. Without a plane.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I am straight, but still I don't understand how people could choose to be gay, because of what I said before. I just don't really think that's possible. They have such a hard time being excepted already, so why would they choose that if it was a choice? That's why I think that way.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know, if it's a choice or something "you get born with".

But if a man and a woman love each other and get married, then why can't they?

I got totally no problems with it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Suki
    To quote (with an edit):

omg omg what do u think of teh g@y omfg i need 2 no now n00b r0xor sux0r wtf tr?s important!!one!!!11

Who invited Ruska into this thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Well I am straight, but still I don't understand how people could choose to be gay, because of what I said before. I just don't really think that's possible. They have such a hard time being excepted already, so why would they choose that if it was a choice? That's why I think that way.
    Two possibilities:

People of alternate sexualities inherently enjoy social and mental masochism

-OR-

We're all just really really stupid and don't get that they're laughing at us, not with us.

The whole debate about whether it's a choice or not reminds me of the last time I called DirectTV about a problem.

"Sir, if you turn off the system, wait for 15 seconds, and turn it back on, you'll get the setup screen."

"Ok... but it didn't turn back on"

"Yes it did, sir"

"No, it didn't"

"Sir, do you see a green light on the power button"

"No"

"It should be there if it's on"

"It's not on, that's what I'm trying to tell you"

"Yes it is, sir"

"No, it's not"

"Turn it off and wait 15 seconds, sir"

"No, you don't understand me, it's already off... it never turned on before"

"Did you turn it off, wait 15 seconds, and turn it back on?"

"I tried, but it didn't turn back on"

"Then it's on, sir"

"NO, it's NOT. I'm not an idiot, I can recognize a green light!"

"Sir, if you're not going to cooperate, I'm going to have to move on to another customer" *Click*

Basically, straight people are telling gay/lesbian/bi people that they made a choice to be that way even though the people in question keep telling them that they didn't. That convo with the tech support was about my system being on when I was sitting there looking at the DirectTV receiver being off (those weren't the actual words said, it was a while ago, but it's very similar). That's the frustration we feel every time someone tells us we made a choice. You can argue for hours about it, knowing that it's not a choice because you've experienced it, but the other side will continue to tell you that it was over and over again.

If anyone is interested, DirectTV sent out a repairman to our house after talking with my grandmother; the power source on the inside of the receiver was damaged before it left the factory, by moving it to turn it off (power cord is behind it), it was enough to make it so it didn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Legal, i don't like hating ppl for who thy are, i can except most ppl, and i say no more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that it should be legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't understand how can anyone be against this, saying it's against the nature, disgusting, etc.. an argument you can hear from everywhere, as it's really their own problem. Besides, if two ppl love each other, there is nothing to deal with.. :P

Anyway, I know of cases when being gay *IS* a choice, or a so called alternative if you want.. I know ppl who were so much demotivated from straight love (e.g. from oversensitivity, hurting way too much, etc..), tha they eventually turned gay. It depends on circumstances. Also, a person who was somehow traumatized in his childhood can turn gay later on. So in other words, it's not always something you are born with.

Not to mention that approximately 80% of women have at least tiny homosexual tendencies deep inside of them, or so I've heared some time ago. The same source claims the number of men is equal, only with the difference women are much more opened among each other when it comes to these things.. So what do you say? Bogus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here in Spain is legalized since the last week. For me this always have been a battle. Religion vs Development and progress of the human race.. ( My opinion.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Oh yay, I'm so glad this lovely thread is back. </sarcasm>

Love is universal, doesn't matter what language you speak or what country you belong to. Love is what keeps the human race alive; without it we'd have blown ourselves up by now. Marriage is the epitome of love, binding and absolute. Why, therefore, should we exclude any human being from sharing that experience with their significant other? What message does it send? You are not worth being married, you are not human. Christianity does not own marriage, no religion does. It's a shared aspect of almost every society, religious or not; it is part of us, we are creatures of single, life-long mates (Yes, we marriages and relationships do fail, and yes some societies practice polygamy, but you get my point). If we start picking eachother apart, allowing certain people certain aspects of life but denying it to others, we've denied everything that love and compassion stands for; we are, like I said, no longer human.
    I agree with it, but only one small update .. human is not really single paired. It's few years ago when scientist decoded part of genome which says that we are polygam creatures. Actualy it's thanks to our animal roots, when we lived similiar as lions, in prides with a dominant male who cared about many females.
    There are also many situations which it's support this. Even if it's doesn't look like. For example: If something happend to our partner and we become single, we usualy find new partner. We also daily like to 'looking' to another girls/boys and just thinking how they can look down there .. etc. Real single paired animals are for example orcas. They cannot live without each other, partner usualy die few days after partner death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even if homosexuality was a choice for some people, why shouldn't they be able to choose that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Being homosexual isn't a choice, that is an extremely narrow-minded viewpoint usually held by people who have no close contact with gay people...and no, I don't mean like 'that' so stop sniggering at the back!

It's like saying people choose to be blind just so they can get a white stick and a free dog...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Should be legal, I say let people do what they want, it's none of my business or anyone else's.
    Well said!

Leagal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    I get enough rubbish from people at school about gays, and, seeing that a poll a while ago found that over 80% of the furry community is bi/gay, I would be hoping a lot of people here would support gays and gay marriage. 76.47% is over three-quarters. That means that out of every twenty-five people, over nineteen are for gay marriage.
    If only that was the way it was in the US.

Also, I haven't seen a single valid argument against gay marriage/civil unions.