Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 13764

Thread: The Adolescent Years

all magic comes with a price Opera Ghost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu:whats wrong with you your acting weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout: Me acting weird? I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Thing was he did have a clue what she was talking about.

Scout sighs.

Scout: Nothing is bothering me.

He sighs again and walks off sadly knowing full well that he can't tell her the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Karifu:is something wrong,just tell me you can tell me anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout stops.

And sighs.

Scout: All right fine. When you beat me today it just made feel real upset. It's just how my parents raised me. My parents raised me to be perfect at everything. They wanted to raise a winner. And when I lost today. I know that somewhere up there they're disappointed to be my parents. They're somewhere up there disappointed that I'm their son. I wanted to show them that I can be a winner that I could live up to their name and that I could make them proud.

I couldn't even do that. Congratulations.

He sighs and walks off to the river straight ahead.

Kopa runs up out of breath.

Takes one look at Scout.

ANd knows he's real sad about something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Karifu sighs and walked off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (Simba22 you can't control other characters )

KOpa said the other cub padding away "Eh...where are you going??" he asked following him walking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu noticed scout was upset so she ran after him also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout was lying by himself. By the river sad and upset skipping rocks. He shoots another rock into the river. That skips 3 times and then goes under. Scout sighs.

He looks up and starts talking to the sky.

Scout: I'm sorry mom and dad. Guess your old son didn't make you proud now huh? I tried. I really did. There's nothing you can proud of now huh? I know that you guys may be looking down on me in shame. But there's no need to do that. Because I'm all ready in enough shame for all of us. I let the family name down I let myself down and most of all I let the both of you down. I am so sorry!

He sniffles and lays his head down.

[And Klowd I'm real sorry for doing that]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ( Don't worry dude )

Why are you saying that? I'm sure your parents are really proud of you, you are one of the best lins that I've ever met, so don't say so, I'm sure your parents didn't want you to be the best at all, cuz everyone has to accept it's own limits, so don't be sad." said Kopa nuzzling him a little,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout smiles a little.

Scout: Thanks Kopa but you really don't know my parents like I did. They seriously wanted me to be the best at everything. I still remember what my dad would say years ago when I'd play Hide and Seek with my friends.

Scout clears his throat to make it sound deeper like his dad's.

Scout: [Imitating his dad] Son, I want you to go out there and win. You hear me win. I don't want you to be a loser no one in my family will ever lose at anything. I want you to go out there and win like your one of the family if you don't then you're not a part of this family.

Scout slowly puts his head down.

Scout: [talking normally] SO I'd have to win everything just to be a member of my dad's family. He was real competitive my mom was just about the same. She was always telling me how no son of her's will ever lose. And ever since I lost I feel like my parents are disappointed with me just like they were disappointed with me if I lost while they were still alive. It's like I feel like I betrayed them. And ever since they lost when fighting those hyenas I feel I had to make it up to them. You Know? Be one of the family. That's just how my parents raised me. It may be the right way it may be the wrong way. But it's the only way I really know.

He lied down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kopa thought for a bit....I'm sure even your parents knew that you couldn never be the best in everything, nobody can be the best in all that he/she tries, you may have your good points, but you also have bad ones, not only know, all the alive beings on this planet do have them, so don't worry much, maybe your parents wanted to say that to make you feel better, to make you feel proud of yourself, because with this way you'd always had an objective and rarely you'd feel sad." KOpa said looking at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu:hey kopa,scout look im sorry i beat you,but at your age you would be considered better than me*she smiles*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by klowd
    Kopa thought for a bit....I'm sure even your parents knew that you couldn never be the best in everything, nobody can be the best in all that he/she tries, you may have your good points, but you also have bad ones, not only know, all the alive beings on this planet do have them, so don't worry much, maybe your parents wanted to say that to make you feel better, to make you feel proud of yourself, because with this way you'd always had an objective and rarely you'd feel sad." KOpa said looking at him.
    Scout: They knew I couldn't be great at everything they just pushed me cause they wanted me to be great at anything. I don't think they were doing it to make me feel proud. Maybe they could have been doing it to light a fire under my butt or something and I'll tell you they would be doing a good job at that. It just seemed like the best is all that mattered to them. If you're not the best then why try. I think that's really how they felt. I know I have my good points and bad points It's just that my parents they for some reason for everything I did if I ended up losing or anything I need to try harder. Close was not good enough. Losing was unacceptable. And today I keep hearing my dad inside my head telling me maybe if I tried harder I could have won. I didn't do my best. Cause the way my parents see it if you do your best you win.
    I just wanted them to look down and smile and say "That's my boy". Did you ever feel something like this with your mom and dad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu:so you are better than me ok !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shenzi hyena
    karifu:so you are better than me ok !
    Scout smiles.

Scout: Thanks Karifu. Sorry if I came across as kinda a baby or a jerk. It's just that ever since they've died I wanted to follow in their pawprints try to be the best at everything like they wanted me to be. Scout looks at them.

Scout: So when are we going hunting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu:i understand Scout,now lets go hunt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kopa thought again "Not really...my dad has never pressed me to be better than the others...neither my mum.....I guess they are happy with me....at least I think so, and I think that's the same with my sister. Said kopa looking at the pride rock, "If you feel better now we can go hunting when you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout: I still feel kinda bad. You're lucky you had parents that didn't push you to the limit. You're even luckier your parents are still around. I'm glad that you guys cared enough to help me feel a little better. You two are true friends.

You know I've been thinking just because my parents pushed me over the limit to succedd doesn't mean I have too. If you guys want you can go ahead and hunt without me. I think I'm gonna stay here for a little. You guys don't have to stay if you don't want too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    karifu:but u just said you wanted to go hunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scout: Well, I only said that because that's what you guys wanted to do.