Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Disney's Animated Series Gargoyles

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had to add it to my Christmas list instead of getting it myself. So I have to wait another 2 weeks. Good thing is, when I do get it, it won't be my money I gotta save for those loan payments o.o

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm through the first four episodes (hey, I've been busy =p). This series is awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm so glad you like the series. I knew you would. I'm glad to get someone into this show if I know they will enjoy it. Season 2 only gets better... I hope this DVD sells well, then Disney might release Season 2 on DVD.

But Eric I have Season 2 on tape actually, and in order too. I can let you borrow the tapes, or hopefully Disney will release Season 2 on DVD soon.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bumping this old thread... Because Season 2 is coming to DVD! Woot!!!

--First 26 episodes of Season 2.
    --3-disc DVD set.
    --Available on DVD December 6, 2005.
    --$39.99 SRP US.

Bonus Features:
    --Episode Introductions by Greg Weisman.
    --Audio Commentaries on "City of Stone" Four-Parter.
    --The Gathering of the Cast and Crew (featurette).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

This is so great... I really didn't think Disney would release Season 2 on DVD. I'm so happy.

Although Season 2 has way more episodes then the 1st season, so the 2nd Season DVDs, will be released in 3 volumes.

A lot seems seems to be happening for Gargoyles right now. Greg Weisman is able and will be making a comic book series of Gargoyles, that happens after the "Hunter's Moon" and acts like the the third season, "The Goliath Chronicles" never happened. Yaaaaay!

I would much rather have the series come back as an animated show of course, but just that these new comics with new adventures are being made, is really great. (Planned to come out 2006) And it's really great that Disney is releasing more DVDs. I love Season 2.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not too crazy about the artwork. but I'm definitley looking forward to this one. it'll be a great christmas present I hope the gathering featurette is of this year. I'd be nice to see what the gang looks like now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not too crazy about the art on the case either, and I don't really like the case of the first season DVD. But I'm just happy they're being released on DVD.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gargoyles is my favorite show of all time. It's a shame it got cancelled. The reason why Goliath Chronicles wasn't as good as the rest was because they replaced almost everyone, and the new people only had a very short time to familliarize themselves with the series.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Tigress, Gargoyles is my favorite show of all time too.

Ok, well I got the Second Season Volume 1 set on the first day it came out, December 6, 2005. (And I was wrong, it will be released in two volumes, not three)

Anyways, it's so great to have these episodes on DVD! So many great episodes. I love this set. I like the little back story written by Greg Weisman in the case. I also liked how they set out the DVDs in the case, and I like the artwork on the discs, they?re better then the artwork on the discs in the first season set. Some nice pics of the Gargoyles and it's so shinny. The bonus features are great too I think. I loved all the bonus features. The Gathering of the Cast and Crew was pretty neat. (I love bonus features like that) The only thing I don't like that much, is that the animated menus aren't as good as the animated menus in the first season DVD set. But I don?t care, I didn?t buy the DVD set for the menus.

It would be nice if these DVDs were advertised a little more? I mean, some TV commercials would be good. Not every Gargoyle fan checks up what?s going on in the fandom online. (So tons of people who would be interested in buying this, would have no idea it exists)

Can?t wait for Volume 2. (And those comics that are supposed to come out this year!)
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hehe, I have been watching The Gargoyles in past 10 days and I am almoust done with all the episodes

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh, Starlioness just informed me about what Greg said today on the Ask Greg website.

Tough Love

I've been informed that the Season Two Volume One Gargoyles DVD has not sold as many units as the Season One Gargoyles DVD did. That's not particularly surprising, since it has a higher price point. But let's be honest, the lower sales are putting the release of Season Two Volume Two at risk.

To be clear, I'm not asking anyone to spend money they don't have and/or need for things like food, shelter, education, etc. But if you've just been lazy and have been putting off buying the darn thing... well, pal, help us all out by ponying up sooner than later.

And ALL OF YOU -- PLEASE DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

It is NOT a given that Season Two Volume Two will come out!
    I really want Volume 2 of Season 2... I don't care about the third Season, The Goliath Chronicles... I just want the first two seasons on DVD.

Disney needs to advertise these DVDs! They are already too hard to find in stores.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question No plans for more Gargoyles DVD's?

from Toonzone :
    http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=11250

to write to Disney
    http://forums.toonzone.net/showthrea...=169370&page=2

please help spread the word of the DVD's and the Comic , also remember that high sales = more DVD's (Gargs or not)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh, I was afraid this was going to happen... They need to release that last set, to have the whole second season on DVD. (Which is what I really want!) Plus I know about the Gargoyles comic book and I've been trying to get it but been having trouble finding it. Being in Southern Oregon right now at my mom's, there aren't too many comic book places around here, and the one that did have them, ran out rather fast. (Which is a good thing, but I want a copy too!) I'm going to call the comic book shops in the Bay Area too, to see if they can hold me a copy when I get back to San Jose... I'm leaving to Finland on July 6, and I wont be back for over two months. I just really want to make sure to get a copy before I go to Finland because I don't think I'll find it there.

(I have two friends who I know want that Volume One of Season Two DVD, they just haven't bought it yet, but I've been telling them they should get it soon because it's not selling well)
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda figured you would post here, but I forgot when you left for Finland..

did you check these places out? there's even SLG retailers in Finland

http://www.slavelabor.com/index2.html

Check under Retail Listings...

o.k ,there's one place in Finland, maybe Timali would like a copy

I hope Disney gets off it's butt and release the last set too.. I just got DirectTV which has Toon Disney but I don't wan't to have to buy tapes and record them off of TD with Damn Logos and Edits *grumbles*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok I got back to San Jose yesterday, and picked up a copy of the comic here. I haven't left to Finland yet, but I will later today!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought it should be time to bump this thread...

Issue 2 of the Gargoyles comic book is due out on September 28.

Hey, I found this MySpace page about Gargoyles, it seems like a good place to go for info. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...a-09fbb875d18c (Just thought I'd let you guys know)
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a Gargoyles comic?! When did that happen?!

OMG, so wish I'd been around when this thread started. I love Gargoyles, always have, always will. I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind, but Maggie was a lioness mutate and it's spelled Sevarius. God, I hated him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the comic came out about the end of June Sess , so you're not that far behind

*looks at Sharifu's birdies*

sure wish Disney would get off their darn butts and release Season 2 part 2 sucks having to tape this off of Toon Disney:growl:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sesshomaru
    There's a Gargoyles comic?! When did that happen?!
    See, this is something that bothers me... Disney is not advertising at ALL about NEW Gargoyle releases! (The DVDs and comics)

Not even a website! :disagree: So lots of fans don't even know about this!

Well Sesshomaru, have you seen all the episodes of Gargoyles?

These new comics, continue after the second season, right after the Hunter's Moon three parter ended.

You should buy them! The more money that is spent on the DVDs and comics, Disney will see there's a profit to make more.

Try calling your local comic book shops.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would, but I have no job at the moment so I can't really spend a lot of extra money. Plus, I'm in a small town I just moved to so i have no idea if there are any bookstores =P Otherwise, those DVDs would be so MINE! They've gotta release the Avalon episodes, if they haven't yet cuz I have no idea what season those were. I've seen all the Gargoyles episodes, but never saw many of the Goliath Chronicles. I saw a few, but it wasn't as good as Gargoyles. Besides I didn't like the though of Angela being with Broadway, I think she shoulda gone with Brooklyn.
    And stupid Toon Disney only shows Gargoyles at like 1 or 2 in the friggin morning when it used to be on at 11! Even then, I never watched cuz it was in Spanish!

I think Disney's in denial since Gargoyles is so different. The animation is more realistic and less cartoony, it's more serious and violent at times and there's actually blood. Course technically, it was done by Buena Vista but Buena Vista's owned by Disney. They're advertising all these direct-to-video sequels (which are usually really bad), but won't advertise what had to be one of their longest running series and has one of the biggest fandoms! You'd think they might sell the DVD in Disney stores or at least Disney World, but I've never seen any trace of Gargoyles in either place. They are in such denial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Avalon series are on DVD... The first season, and the first half of the second season are on DVD. (36 episodes on DVD total) You can see more what I said about that in these past posts. The comics don't cost much, $3.50 each.

I know what you mean about Angela and Broadway. I used to think the same way as you, but once I read more about Greg's (the creator) opinions and why he made it that way, I've excepted the fact of them being together. Brooklyn finds his own mate in time. http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/ (I don't know if you know of that site or not?)

Anyways, if you need help finding the DVDs and/or comics, let me know, I can help you.
    My Lion King Fan-Art