Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Disney's Animated Series Gargoyles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just reviewed on Amazon.com. please read and critique please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yay! I read your review, I thought it was funny how you said hi to me in your review. So cool, every good review helps!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    eee! Gargoyles turns 10 today! happy birthday Gargoyles!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh really?! I knew the series came out in October of 94, but I didn't know what day... Cool! Happy 10 Anniversary to Gargoyles.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey guys!!! Gargoyles is on DVD today!!! If you wanted to get it, I wanted to remind you guys. Look what Greg Weisman said:

"TOMORROW OR NEVER
    Well, guys, tomorrow -- December 7th, 2004 -- is the big day. The GARGOYLES first season comes out on DVD.

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to the fandom that this DVD sells well.

Good sales on the first day, particularly a nice Amazon turnout, are important, but what's more important are PHENOMENAL SALES over the next month or two.

If you can't get it at Amazon, get it somewhere else.

If you can't get it tomorrow, get it soon.

But get it. And more than that get everyone you know to get it.

Get strangers to get it.

Yes, I know we're all a bit disappointed in the way Disney has somewhat failed to support the DVD with advertising. But as I've always maintained... the burden is on the fans. They need to prove to Disney that Disney needs to spend money to make money on Gargoyles.

They need to prove to Disney that the fandom is rabid and large and ready to support the property with actual dollars and cents.

A very small part of me feels bad about asking you to spend money. But keep in mind if this DVD doesn't do EXTREMELY well, it will be very difficult to convince Disney to support the property in other ways -- including a second season on DVD, let alone new and original material set in the Gargoyles Universe.

By the way, we did get a nice write-up here:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

Check it out.

But mostly, take advantage of this opportunity to demonstrate your love for the show. Again this is NOT just about money. This is about SPREADING THE WORD WITH RELIGIOUS FERVOR!!!

Good luck to us all. "
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Yo, watch this show, y'all....it's off tha hizzle-fo-shizzle"....that should draw them in like flies....
    ...urge to suddenly but the DVD ...overpowering...

I used to watch it on the disney channel when I was ill from skool, it was pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you so much for taking your time 2 do that

Do you know if the DVD will be transport to the uk oh do u mind if i add you 2 buddy list ?

Thank u again xx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Are you asking me? I have no idea if this DVD will be sold in the UK. It should though. Do you have region free DVD player? You could play the US DVD then. And if you were talking to me, sure I don't mind if you add me to your buddy list.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    eeee! Shariffu!!! *pouncehugs* it's here!!!! *screams really loud*:shout: :scream: :nukawha: *is so hyper she can't contain herself*.. I was just over at a place called Tower Records where they sell DVD's and stuff and I got 3 people to Buy the DVD!!! .. not to mention it was at good $19.99 price there.. ( too bad they wouldn't let me sit at their house.. these are total strangers I'm talking about here ) but who cares ,it's here ! *woot!* even though I don't have a DVD player must...get.. one ... it's still amaizing..

also they have a store called Gargoyles near the Tower Records place.. I ''ll go check it out this week! ( I didn't see anything resembling Goliath though *wonders if they know about it * hmmm...

WE LIVE AGAIN!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't get to the store to pic it up today I'm gonna try to go tomorrow after my finals though. Then spend all night and the rest of the week watching it

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by starlioness
    I was just over at a place called Tower Records where they sell DVD's and stuff and I got 3 people to Buy the DVD!!! .. not to mention it was at good $19.99 price there..
    Sweet! That's the best price I have seen so far! (The cheapest I could find was $20.99 at Target) And you got 3 people to buy the DVD?!?! Three random people?!?! That's great though! I got Eric (Woes) to get a copy, I think he is really going to like Gargoyles, he has never seen Gargoyles before! But I am sure he will like it... He picked up a copy for me too today and I am going to get it from him tomorrow! Thanks Eric!!! I can't wait to play the DVD tomorrow night!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh and I wanted to spead Greg Weisman's words today...

"I GOT MINE!!
    Just got back from the Amazon my friends -- went their via the Gathering 2005 site at www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com -- where I purchased my copy of the GARGOYLES SEASON ONE on DVD. I'm pretty excited. Nervous too.

I want to thank all of you who are supporting this product. Supporting this property, this fandom and my emotional state.

But let's try this. Everybody contact SOMEBODY from the fandom whom you haven't heard from in a while. Someone maybe who attended a Gathering in 1998, maybe. Or someone who used to frequent Station 8, but just sort of drifted off. Search these people down. Odds are they'd love to get the DVD, but if they've been out of the loop, they may not know it's available NOW!!!

If all of you contact just one lost fan, it would really help to spread the word!!

Thanks!"

That's awesome you got others to get the DVD today Starlioness, it helps.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'll check out Gargoyles at your house in April, Sharifu....

Ofcoarse that wont be the only thing I'm checking out..:Ooo: ..... ........... I have to check out your drawings....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Oh and I wanted to spead Greg Weisman's words today...

"I GOT MINE!!
    Just got back from the Amazon my friends -- went their via the Gathering 2005 site at www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com -- where I purchased my copy of the GARGOYLES SEASON ONE on DVD. I'm pretty excited. Nervous too.

I want to thank all of you who are supporting this product. Supporting this property, this fandom and my emotional state.

But let's try this. Everybody contact SOMEBODY from the fandom whom you haven't heard from in a while. Someone maybe who attended a Gathering in 1998, maybe. Or someone who used to frequent Station 8, but just sort of drifted off. Search these people down. Odds are they'd love to get the DVD, but if they've been out of the loop, they may not know it's available NOW!!!

If all of you contact just one lost fan, it would really help to spread the word!!

Thanks!"

That's awesome you got others to get the DVD today Starlioness, it helps.
    ya know , I think ol Greg's gonna have a stroke from over happiness ..
    pfft, getting people to buy the DVD is one thing.. but.. I wan't to see it ... especially since I don't get Toon Disney anymore thanks to my one of my dummy roommates who didn't pay the cable bill .. yay 5 channels .. how fun oh well,

Hey Sharifu, you think I should try to get the videos of the first season a long time ago? all I need is Vol 3 (The Edge/Long Way To Morning) and Vol 4 Her Brother's Keeper/Reawakening... I have the VHS Gargoyles movie and Gargoyles 1 and 2 .. it's not the DVD but it's something..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Sharifu
    I got Eric (Woes) to get a copy, I think he is really going to like Gargoyles, he has never seen Gargoyles before! But I am sure he will like it... He picked up a copy for me too today and I am going to get it from him tomorrow! Thanks Eric!!!
    wOOt, Eric...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know it, i love it.
    But its not on tv here anymore...
    :'(

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    pfft, getting people to buy the DVD is one thing.. but.. I wan't to see it ... especially since I don't get Toon Disney anymore thanks to my one of my dummy roommates who didn't pay the cable bill .. yay 5 channels .. how fun oh well,

Hey Sharifu, you think I should try to get the videos of the first season a long time ago? all I need is Vol 3 (The Edge/Long Way To Morning) and Vol 4 Her Brother's Keeper/Reawakening... I have the VHS Gargoyles movie and Gargoyles 1 and 2 .. it's not the DVD but it's something..
    Hmm... I dunno. I wonder how much it would cost you to buy those two VHS, and you are going to be looking for them on ebay? And you would have to pay shipping too... Did you get a copy of the DVD anyway? I would really recommend to get a DVD Player, not just for Gargoyles of course, but for all these other Disney movies I know you love so much and you get all these Bonus features and stuff. I think you can get DVD Players pretty cheap now, like less then $50.

I got my copy today from Eric, but I didn't watch it yet, because I was on the bus all day going up to Oregon to my mom's house, and I didn't get here till 1:00 in the morning. (It's 2:46 now) It's too late for me to put on the DVD, but I want to watch Gargoyles on my mom's home theater, it will be awesome. I'll just do that in the morning.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 Channels eh? :E we got three

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Now that I have this Gargoyles DVD, I can take screen shots!!!

Look what Hudson finds on TV as he is fliping through the channels:

The DVD is neat... I like the animated menus. And I watched a couple of episodes, and it's so nice to hear Gargoyles in surround sound. I haven't watched the audio commentary on the first five episodes yet but I look forward to watching that.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and people complain about S.P's and TLK 1/2's animation ... that's probably there stunt doubles there

due to the excitement over the DVD ... I compulsively bought Vol 3 ( Long Way and Edge)on ebay yesterday,and sent the money order in today.. it was sorta a good price $3.50 +shipping+insurance+money order fee=$10.73 :Ooo: and they have Vol 4 Brothers Betrayed (Brother's Keeper /Reawakening) for 50 cents!! ( $3.00 shipping, $1.30 insurance, $1.00 money order fee =5 something I think...) auction ends on Sunday so I hope I can get it. too bad the seller is all the way in Maryland oh well, here's hoping .. I'm getting a lot of christmas stuff..

also , if anyone has heard of the movie Ringing Bell ( I don't know if showed this to Sharifu or not .the one with the lamb and the Wolf,)
    I'm buying that tomorrow!! it's such a good movie.. too bad I have $20.00 for it.. but I guess that's a normal price..*shrugs* *is broke now*..

*curses fandomness*